News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Sorting products in Virtue Mart shop the way you want it?

Started by LAMF, November 26, 2012, 20:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAMF

Is it possible to sort products in Virtue Mart so that they appear in the order you want in the front end of the shop?
Any suggestions would be great.
BR
LAMF - R.I.P. Johnny Thunders

bytelord

Hello,

You could select from the backend under configuration -> Product Order Settings as default option the Ordering. Then will appear with the order you have them on the backend (the products).

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

LAMF

Ahhh thank you very much!

You don't happen to know the answer on another issue that I've got...
I need to show the VAT/TAX only in the Cart and on the invoice/receipt of the order to the customer, I donät want to display the VAT directly under the product in the shop.
How do I accomplish this?
BR
LAMF - R.I.P. Johnny Thunders

bytelord

Hello,

Option 1: If you want to show the vat only when customer are registered when you have to edit your tax rule and select the default shopper for example only when the customers are logged in.

Option 2: If you want everyone to see Tax on the cart including anonymous users then you have to create some template overrides for the product details default_showprices.php file, for the category view default.php and for the virtuemanrt frontpage default_product.php file.

For example to create an override for the default_showprices.php file of product details page you will do:

The orinal file is located under  joomla_folder\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_showprices.php. To the override just copy that file inside your_joomla_folder\templates\your_joomla_template\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\default_showprices.php
if the folders html and com_virtuemart does not exist create them. If the the file already exists on the destination that means that you already use a template override and need to just edit that file.
In that file in line 50 you will find the following :
   echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv ('taxAmount', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_TAX_AMOUNT', $this->product->prices);

Just comment that line and the tax will not be shown in product details page. Do the same with the other files.

Please also read:
Use firebug to examine you site code and css styling: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102850.0

Creating Template overrides: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98505.0
Template System: https://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Hints_for_the_use_of_the_template_system
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!