News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Sef url change

Started by eddigei, February 02, 2012, 11:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddigei

How do I change the sef url so that I display only the name of the product and not the category?
VM 2
Joomla 1.7

PRO

you cannot do it without using some htaccess rules that will bog down the server for no reason

eddigei

JoomSEF I used in older versions, but now with integrated SEO VM2 does not work well

mpulse

It could be me. But the urls are /component/virtuemart/3/1/steering-wheels etc..

Is there a way to fix this?  like take out /virtuemart ?

PRO

Quote from: mpulse on February 06, 2012, 06:00:02 AM
It could be me. But the urls are /component/virtuemart/3/1/steering-wheels etc..

Is there a way to fix this?  like take out /virtuemart ?

Your main link should be the the vmart "default" layouts.

PRO

Quote from: rlspencer on February 11, 2012, 15:54:09 PM
I am getting the same thing... how do you change it?. http://herbaceousacres.com/component/virtuemart/10/aromatherapy.html?Itemid=89

CREATE a joomla menu link to the "virtuemart default layout"

MaHe29

Today i've updated to VM2.0.1H. With VM2.0 the URL where like this
afslanken/bloedsuikerspiegel/natures-way-gtf-chromium-polynicotinate-200-mcg-100-capsules.html
Which was all relevant, after upgrading the URL is like this.
/component/virtuemart/natures-way-gtf-chromium-polynicotinate-200-mcg-100-capsules.html?Itemid=217
Al the bold tekst is irrelevant.

PRO

Quote from: MaHe29 on February 15, 2012, 16:24:15 PM
afslanken/bloedsuikerspiegel/natures-way-gtf-chromium-polynicotinate-200-mcg-100-capsules.html
/component/virtuemart/natures-way-gtf-chromium-polynicotinate-200-mcg-100-capsules.html?Itemid=217

CREATE a joomla menu item to teh default layout

MaHe29

What you mean with that?
The homepage home menuitem i have set up to virtuemart standaard layout.
The url changed after i've updated. Before every thing was perfect.

MaHe29

I have replaced the router.php file with the one before ive updated.
Now every thing is fine again. So it seems that there a bug in the new router.php of changes where made that where not optimal.

raimiuxas

Quote from: MaHe29 on February 15, 2012, 16:24:15 PM

I have the same problem. J2.5.3+VM2.0.2. Could you send me router.php file? Thanks!