News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Hide Price

Started by butchtones, February 01, 2012, 18:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchtones

Hello,

First I want to say - WOW this is a great product.  I can't believe it's free.  Thanks to all the developers out there!

Now, Could someone please help me hide the price and shipping information at checkout?

Basically I'm looking to use VM in catalog mode with the add to cart feature active so customers can call/email/fax to get a price.  I don't believe catalog mode allows to add to cart and I can figure out how to hide all of the extra checkout features we don't need (price, discount, shipping, total). 

I hope this isn't a repeat I've spent quite a long time searching for this information and found only once the question was asked without a response.

Thank you for your help!

PRO

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

you could just set the shipping rate to free, and automatically select shipping (in configuration)
Then set a payment method to be "standard" which could be named "Send for quote"

butchtones

Thanks BanquetTables.  I'm almost there.  I've attached screen shots.  It displays the free shipping and Request a Quote below the product price result.  How do I hide the price and total.  THANKS!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

views/cart/default_pricelist.php

Thats your next step, then you have to do your emails,

butchtones

Thank you SO much!

The order page looks great... no more prices displayed. I went to the PHP file and commented out the undesired parts.  I couldn't find where to comment out the price for the confirmation pages.  Could you point me in the right direction there, please?

It looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me on those emails and order confirmations when I click on "view your order online" to remove pricing information.  I've been searching but can't seem to get rig of it. 

Your guidance is greatly appreciated!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

look at the url, and it will show you  the view page