News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM2 - NOT ready. Problems etc

Started by Gary, February 01, 2012, 17:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Hi all,

I have been developing a website using VM2. However I am right at the end and having NOTHING but trouble.

Firstly, the only payment processor available is Paypal. No others. I need to take card details for payment to be taken offline via a terminal.

Secondly the Tax ystem doesnt seem to work at all. I have spent all day trying to get Tax to display in the cart/checkout, but it only ever shows the ex VAT price.

I am really annoyed to be honest as I have hit a brick wall. VM2 surely shouldnt have been released in this way?

Don't get me wrong, the developers are doing a GREAT job, but even so.

Am I the only one having these problems?

Gary

Milbo

Lol, there is one gui thing which is not perfect and you say the tax system does not work at all. Very differentiated view. Funny is that we just discuss if we add this now or later. In our case the tax is always the same and could just be done with an own layout. It is a gui thing which is not needed by any one and you say it does not work, hmmm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Gary

I have managed to get Tax working, just about. However in the VM Cart Module if someone adds a product to the basket it automatically adds shipping into the price making it look like the price is completely wrong..

PRO

Quote from: Gary on February 01, 2012, 18:40:30 PM
However in the VM Cart Module if someone adds a product to the basket it automatically adds shipping into the price making it look like the price is completely wrong..

shipping or tax?

PRO

Quote from: Gary on February 01, 2012, 17:54:20 PM

Firstly, the only payment processor available is Paypal. No others. I need to take card details for payment to be taken offline via a terminal.

https://dev.virtuemart.net/svn/virtuemart/trunk/virtuemart/plugins/vmpayment/

Gary

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on February 01, 2012, 19:25:29 PM
However in the VM Cart Module if someone adds a product to the basket it automatically adds shipping into the price making it look like the price is completely wrong..

shipping or tax?

Shipping.  The product is 9.99  and the shipping is £30 flat fee. If I add a product to my basket the total is £39.99 but it does NOT explain that £30 of that is shipping, so it looks like a fault

Gary

PRO

Quote from: Gary on February 01, 2012, 19:41:38 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on February 01, 2012, 19:29:34 PM

https://dev.virtuemart.net/svn/virtuemart/trunk/virtuemart/plugins/vmpayment/

What is that?

appears to be authorize.net and pazen plugins

Quote from: Gary on February 01, 2012, 19:41:06 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on February 01, 2012, 19:25:29 PM

shipping or tax?

Shipping.  The product is 9.99  and the shipping is £30 flat fee. If I add a product to my basket the total is £39.99 but it does NOT explain that £30 of that is shipping, so it looks like a fault

I cannot produce this at all.

but this configuration can change prices in cart.
"Show Tax in Cart "

are you logged in? because shipment methods ONLY work for countries and states etc.

morktron

I have been developing a website using VM2. However I am right at the end and having NOTHING but trouble...

...I am really annoyed to be honest as I have hit a brick wall. VM2 surely shouldnt have been released in this way?

Don't get me wrong, the developers are doing a GREAT job, but even so.

Am I the only one having these problems?

Gary

Don't worry Gary I'm in the same boat, there are four of us working on a large website that was due to be launched yesterday, we are still struggling to get basic eCommerce functionality working with VM2. I'm also very surprised the no.1 shopping cart for the no.1 open source CMS on this planet has come up with this barely functional upgrade!

Don't get me wrong either - I humbly bow down to the developers for having got so far, respect!.

If we can't get it working soon though I'll have to consider the unthinkable after 5yrs of sticking with VM for all my clients eCommerce sites.

I'll battle on till the last though, I think there are major improvements in VM 2.0.1 - like orders are shown in the backend! ;)

Gary

I certainly hope so. THis has been an uphill struggle with V2 and I have used VM for years too...

Milbo

Every used calculation rule is now added to the product prices. So it is now just a template thing you should  be able to solve. Please try the new 2.0.1.c http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96945.msg318977#msg318977
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member