News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can someone point me in the right direction for css styling

Started by rama.olson, February 01, 2012, 08:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rama.olson

First off - I'm running joomla 1.7.4  and virtuemart 2.0

I'm new to this and am having trouble fixing some css styling issues.  I use artisteer to create my templates but they don't seem to play well with virtuemart.  I applied a basic template to my joomla site and now the modules in the left side bar don't work right.  They should be the little collapsible boxes that you can click on to open but the script isn't working.

Then I'd like to be able to change the big green add to cart button to the same color as my menu buttons but I don't get where I should make css changes like that.

My website is at www.nefariousxo.com

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

tobisagt

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rama.olson

Thank you that's a ton of help!  I can see how to make changes to the css styles now but I don't understand why the VM modules aren't displaying properly.  Maybe I need to fix a link to a .js file or something?  I attached a picture of the modules working in the beez template and a pic of them on my site.

Any ideas how I can fix these?

joomla 1.7.4, virtuemart 2.0
website - www.nefariousxo.com

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rama.olson

Well I'm going to move on and uninstall virtuemart for now.  Maybe when I get a little better at fixing issues like this I'll give it another try.  The link to my website won't be valid anymore but if anyone has any advice about the issue from the pics I attached I'd still appreciate it.

Thanks!

PRO

Quote from: rama.olson on February 01, 2012, 21:16:20 PM
Thank you that's a ton of help!  I can see how to make changes to the css styles now but I don't understand why the VM modules aren't displaying properly.  Maybe I need to fix a link to a .js file or something?  I attached a picture of the modules working in the beez template and a pic of them on my site.

Any ideas how I can fix these?

joomla 1.7.4, virtuemart 2.0
website - www.nefariousxo.com

The coolumn is not large enough to hold the add to cart button.

Disable it for the left column module in the module settings

rama.olson

PRO

Quote from: rama.olson on February 02, 2012, 21:18:57 PM
Would it work if I just made the column larger?

Yes, maybe, or you might need to make the add to cart button smaller

rama.olson

Cool.  I'll give it a try.  Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it and want to let you guys know I love the virtuemart project and will definitely be making a donation.

rama.olson

I tried widening the left margin to 275 but it didn't fix the problem.  The modules still aren't displaying with the cool collapsible menu that they have on the beez template.  Wouldn't it have something to do with javascript or jquery or something maybe?  A broken link to a .js file or something?  I've moved my site to a practice site I can keep working on for fun at www.talksickrecords.com  I understand how to use firebug to change css styles but I don't get how to fix broken scripts or even what kind of script is responsible for the collapsible menu behavior.

reattached the pics of the modules working on the beez template and how they look on mine which you can also see at the url above. 

Any help appreciated.

joomla 1.7.4  -  virtuemart 2.0
problem site - www.talksickrecords.com

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

rama.olson, the code for the JS is INSIDE the beez template

beez_20/html/modules.php

I would not try to get the product module to look like that.

I am using a modified beez 20, and I tool all of the BS js out of my template.

rama.olson

ok, good to know.  I just figured the artisteer template was messing it up.

Thanks!