News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

List all all products allowed products on one page

Started by adlinea, January 23, 2012, 03:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adlinea

I'm using VM 2.0.0 and and Joomla 1.7.3. I want to create a Joomla menu item that shows a simple listing of all products in all categories which the shopper is allowed to see (based on shopper group).

I've configured the shoppers and products so the shopper only sees the products which his shopper group is allowed to see. That works fine.

Now I want to add a menu item that show a list of all the products, in all categories, which the logged-in-shopper can order.

How might I do this? I've searched the Forums, the VMED and the JED, but I don't see any such thing.

morktron

I have the same issue. In VM 1.0 the main VM page showed all the products in the shop by default (paginated of course) which was great.

Now it seems the only way to show all the items in the shop is to add them all to a global category which of course is not ideal

It almost works by going to /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category but all the pagination in broken

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

renegadesk

A tip i read in another post was to put everything you want to show on one page in a category and then use a menu item to link to that cat.

It would work, but... I think it's a crap solution! Should be able to display all products on the homepage.

I think the way to do it would be to create a custom home template that copies some of the code from the category page to display all products. You can then select this page in config-> Templates-> Layout for your hompegage. I'm going to give that a shot.

PRO

You can set all products to featured

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

morktron

Thanks BanquetTables, yes that is an a possibility but I wonder if the search filters and pagination would work for it? The main issue though would be that we'd lose the use of the featured items functionality.