Author Topic: Attributes and Barcodes  (Read 5303 times)

kevmase

• Beginner
Attributes and Barcodes
« on: January 31, 2012, 18:46:53 pm »
Hi,

I have set my site up and have a number of products but the supplier works on barcodes for ordering. At the moment i am downloading the orders in Excel and then running a Macro over the order to lookup a barcode from a "Master Sheet" and inserting it.

My question is...

I have a product with attributes of Size and Colour - but each size/colour variation requires a different barcode (EAN13) can a barcode be assigned somewhere so i can pull the report off the database including the barcode? Basically i want the barcode to never be visible to the customer in the front end but it is somehow linked in the database tables.

This way i can use the SQL to Excel component I am currently using to download the orders and include the barcode also.

If this can be done as the system is please can someone tell me how. If not is this something someone is willing to make as a mod?

Thanks

Kevin
www.eazyblinds.co.uk

cathyhill

• Beginner
  • Skype Name: cathyhill
Re: Attributes and Barcodes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 05:15:28 am »
Not sure about this sentence"can a barcode be assigned somewhere so i can pull the report off the database including the barcode? "? are you trying to remove the barcode column to other document? Hope following post will help u a little.

http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1672367/barcode

reinhold

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 22:02:21 pm »
You can create a custom field type called "Barcode" and set it to hidden (the last radio buttons in the custom fields setup). Then you simply assign this custom field to each article and store the EAN-13 there. Since it is hidden, it will not be displayed to the user, but all plugins etc. have access to the custom field.

cindy313

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 09:45:31 am »
You can create a custom field type called "Barcode" and set it to hidden (the last radio buttons in the custom fields setup). Then you simply assign this custom field to each article and store the EAN-13 there. Since it is hidden, it will not be displayed to the user, but all plugins etc. have access to the custom field.
which type of barcode

xiaoyuandlg

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:10:45 am »
which type of barcode

Did you get his answer? I am also curious about this.