News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 1.1 to 2.0 301 Redirect Component

Started by PRO, January 31, 2012, 17:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otaks

Quote from: PRO on May 17, 2016, 19:38:04 PM
otaks,
I responded to your other thread. if you are not using SEF urls, no need to use this component

Thank you for your answer! However, The problem is that I would like to migrate my site from Virtuemart 1 to Virtuemart 3 without losing the SEO. In Virtuemart 3 with Joomla 3 I would like to activate SEF URLs...

PRO

I have attached my version I am using now, it has a lot more than you need though.

PRO

then the plugin attached

KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS TO GO FROM NON-SEF URLS TO SEF URLS

AH

Big thumbs up to Pro (yet again)

I was wondering how to move from a VM1 to VM3 site with as little seo impact as possible and this was really holding things back.

Nightmare to try and do manually with thousands of items - great to do when Pro has provided the starting point and inspiration!! :) :) :)

Old urls were base VM1 and categories used a Vm category menu module

Giving the old urls that looked like:-

index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=7
index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1184&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=7

New system will be VM3:-
Categories will be linked using Joomla menus (manually created - for more control)
SEF Urls will be on for VM and Joomla

The key to making things relatively simple is when migrating - keep the existing category_id's and product_id's - without that - expect a lot of manual data entry!

If you are able to keep id's the same, it is then a short step and hop to use your own plugin that will automatically 301 the old non sef product and category urls to the new sef urls.

Once again Pro - THANKS!!!!!  :) :) :)

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

PRO

Keep in mind the new component also does

Vmart 3   product slugs to new url.(if you delete a product) IF I give you the code. I have the code if you need it

Then the article ID and ITEM id redirects take separate plugins.
I have them, but MUCH care needs to be taken  to use them.

AH

Pro

Thanks for the heads up - I will be able to develop what I have to meet my specific needs at the present time.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0