News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

USPS FCI not working ?

Started by decapad, January 31, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

decapad

Hi - regarding the Jan 22, 2012 change - my USPS First Class International is not working.  Anyone know the fix please?  Thank you! :)

lowmips

In usps.php, change "Package" to "Parcel" for that service.  Then save your config a few times.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

snestina

hi!
i have the same problem with first class (domestic) do i need to change something in the usps.php file too?

bobbojo

Yes, in uspsv4.php change the following lines:
for first class domestic;
//"USPS_SHIP18_TEXT" => "First-Class Mail Package",  // CLASSID 0 (usps chg name  2-23-12
      "USPS_SHIP18_TEXT" => "First-Class Mail Parcel",  // CLASSID 0

for first class international;
//"USPS_INTL19_TEXT" => "First-Class Mail International Package**", // SERVICE ID 15
      "USPS_INTL19_TEXT" => "First-Class Mail International Parcel**", // SERVICE ID 15

Then replace the 'old' uspsv4.php file with the one that you just changed the code in. And as Reggie Campbell says, go into the virtuemart administrative shipping module interface and save the configuration file. Then test. I did this and the first class shipping works for domestic and international again. Thanks to Reggie for the tip!

Moxie1

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... for this post. Just saved my @$$. :)

Huuuze

The problem described in the original appears to be happening again on my website. Customers are no longer seeing USPS First Class International as an option.

Did USPS change something in the API that requires further tweaking in the code?

ralfeez

I am also seeing the same issue. Please advise.

Ribbit21

I made 2 changes in uspsv5.php and now it works fine. 

"USPS_SHIP21_TEXT" => "Parcel Post<sup>®</sup>",  // CLASSID 4

Changed to....

"USPS_SHIP21_TEXT" => "Standard Post<sup>®</sup>",  // CLASSID 4

"USPS_INTL19_TEXT" => "First-Class Mail<sup>®</sup> International Parcel**", // SERVICE ID 15

Changed to...

"USPS_INTL19_TEXT" => "First-Class Package International Service<sup>™</sup>**", // SERVICE ID 15

Chaz

The latest version of the shipping module that I have been maintaining corrects this issue. The new version is v4.4.

http://www.parkbeachsystems.com/services/ecommerceshopping-cart/usps-module-for-virtuemart
Chaz Mezan
Park Beach Systems, Inc.

USPS Plugin for Virtuemart 2.0-
http://www.parkbeachsystems.com/products/virtuemart-usps-shipping