News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Account Maintenance in VM2

Started by robertcorsescott, January 31, 2012, 05:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertcorsescott

Hi Guys sorry to be a pain, I am just struggling with a few things and it looks like a few people are.
I have searched the forum high and low for some answers.
Please help:

I am reading about AIO component needs to be installed and this contains all the modules which are required for VM2. I see it in the installation pack but dont really understand how it is to be installed.
Is it just upload like any joomla component? from the extension manager?

Basically I understand that the Joomla Login works with VM now, so we dont need this login module. The registered user is asked for shipping details in the shopping cart process or they are asked to register.

Once registered and an order is placed, how do we set up account maintenance?

Any help appreciated

morktron

Hi, I'm also having major issues with VM2! Yes just install the AIO component and it will install all the the cart, category, currencies, manufacturer, product and search modules. Then uninstall the AIO component and your modules will remain.

The problem remains how can users manage their account? I published the default Joomla login but there is nothing VM related there. There is no longer a VM user module or all in one module.

So it seems the only way is to create a new menu item with a link to Account Maintenance. I did this and it almost works - users can edit their billing, shipping address, username, password and so on.

They can also change their shopper group which is dangerous for obvious reasons! They can also view or edit their "Customer id/Internal VM user ID" - I hope this can all be removed in template overrides, I couldn't see it in shopper fields in admin.

Anyway sorry for babbling on! the main issue is still that there is no way for customers to view their past orders that I can find - I must be mistaken?

glasya

Agreed, the module only says:

Welcome Super Admin,

jenkinhill

AS far as I know you just make a menu link to "VirtueMart List Orders" - you can add this to the user menu for logged in users.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

morktron

Thanks Jenkinhill, yes I had tried this also but to no avail. I just get "Hello <username>"

Hopefully it is related to not seeing any orders in the backend which I think is fixed in VM2.0.1...

lipes

Hi. Its possible to add / find a solution to this IMPORTANT link items ...

"Account Settings"
or something like:
"view order history / list" ;
"view state of last order" ;

This is VERY USEFULL for any costumer because they want to view / read the state of their shopping ..  and if they do not find this options they will send e-mails asking how is?! Cant someone tell us a solution to implement this in login module or somewhere else..
because we only get : Welcome Administrator   and the (Exit button)

Thanks for helping
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

morktron

It seems to be working in the latest version of VM :) - (2.0.1.h at the time of writing)

The only issue now is that the links to specific orders don't work they just go to the Shopper Information page. My links are www.website.com/edit-my-shopping-details/orders/details?order_number=61eeb358

If the links can be fixed then this part of VM2 will be stable / usable again...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

lipes

i'm on a localhost (ampps software).... without SEO urls turn on...

can you (please) tell me the url without that thinks .... if i write "edit-my-shopping-details/orders/" it gives me an red 404 error page ...

i'll need to find a generic url of "Account Settings"  to add some new buttons styles with that links in the joomla login module ...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

morktron

try index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit

cas

In login.php can the VM team add an HTML ID attribute in line 183 <form action="index.php" method="post" name="com-login" >

There is no way to use CSS to adjust the login layout without an ID added. 

Thanks,
Chuck

tikos

There is another issue for me:

I'm working on a J2.5.4/VM2.0.6 installation.

I have placed the VM Menu Module.
I also have a Main Menu, where "Home" menu item is my deafult home page (menu item type: "Virtuemart Categories Layout").
I have also created another menu item called "Members Area". Inside this item, I placed a sub-menu item called "Account Maintanance", to which I assigned a menu item type of Virtuemart "Account Maintenance".
When I am in the Account Maintenance page, whenever I try to click on a VM menu item (i.e. "Products"), the link label at the bottom of Mozilla Firefox shows the following URL:

.../index.php/en/members-area/account-maintenance/products

and as you understand it redirects me to the page I'm already in, instead of showing something like that:

.../index.php/en/component/virtuemart/products

The same thing happens whenever I am in "List Orders" page.

What am I doing wrong?
qb cube - internet solutions | web design & internet marketing
http://www.qbcube.com

morktron

I've given up on Virtuemart for the moment there are too many issues with this 'stable' version and even some functionality that has not been finished at all (see forum). I'm using Aceshop (opencart for joomla) until Virtuemart is back on it's feet.