News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

override of config installing aio, superuser cant checkout

Started by cas, January 28, 2012, 20:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

Just upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.a and now when logged in as Super User I get this error when trying to checkout: 
vmError: VmTableData::store failed - Unknown column 'virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries`...

cas

Why when upgrading to a new version of VM2 does the All-In-One modules override all the current AIO settings and locations of the modules?  I can understand when going from VM1 to VM2, but when already on VM2 and just doing a point upgrade, can you make it upgrade the AIO and recognize the current VM2 AIO settings?  It takes so much time to reset all the modules and it adds the risk of errors to the upgrade.

cas

Hi Milbo,

When I installed VM2.0.0, the problem goes away, and when I install 2.0.1 and 2.0.1.a, the problem comes back.  I tried re-saving the shipment method, but that didn't help.   The problem only happens when logged in as the Super User. 
Which table should I delete? 
I haven't used skype in years, so I'm not sure which file you are referring too.   

Thanks,
Chuck

Milbo

Quote from: cas on January 28, 2012, 22:25:01 PM
Why when upgrading to a new version of VM2 does the All-In-One modules override all the current AIO settings and locations of the modules?
Ah "thanks" for more work :-) Of course it should not overwrite.

Hmm your other error, I dont have a clue. So the checkout works as anonymous? But not as superuser? this is really,.. hmm crazy.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

cas

Quote from: Milbo on January 29, 2012, 00:59:32 AM
Ah "thanks" for more work :-) Of course it should not overwrite.

Yes, sorry about the extra work, but that's why you make the big bucks! :-) 

Quote from: Milbo on January 29, 2012, 00:59:32 AM
Hmm your other error, I dont have a clue. So the checkout works as anonymous? But not as superuser? this is really,.. hmm crazy.

Not Anonymous... the checkout works for a Joomla user of type 'Registered' and in VM the Group of 'shopper' and Shopper Group of 'default'.
It gets the error for a Joomla user of type 'Super Users' and in VM the Group of 'admin / (deprecated)' and Shopper Group of 'default'.   
BTW, why does the VM Group have 'admin / (deprecated)' ?  What's the (deprecated)?

Thanks,
Chuck

Milbo

Still I do not make big bucks.

Very strange error indeed. deprecated just means that the user was in an old j15 group.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

cas

Quote from: cas on January 29, 2012, 06:30:34 AM
that's why you make the big bucks! :-) 

I hope you know that's an American expression, and I'm just having fun.   But you should be making the big bucks for all the hard work you do!

As far as the error, do you need any more info from me, or are you able to reproduce the error? 

Milbo

Maybe your admin is accidently in the -anonymous-  shoppergroup?

cas

cas

Upgraded to VM2.0.1.d and it still gets the error on checkout when logged in as super user. 
Also, the AIO still resets all my module settings. 

cas

Upgraded to VM2.0.1.K and it still gets the error on checkout when logged in as super user.
The AIO still resets all my module settings when upgrading to newer version. 

Milbo

I did so often a checkout as superuser last days (on various installs) that I am really wondering, how it can happen. The updating of the modules should now work better

cas

Hi Milbo,

It still gets this error on checkout when logged in as superuser:

vmError: VmTableData::store failed - Unknown column 'virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries` (`id`,`virtuemart_order_id`,`order_number`,`virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id`,`shipment_name`,`order_weight`,`shipment_weight_unit`,`shipment_cost`,`shipment_package_fee`,`tax_id`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','42','68390847','0','Standard US Shipping','5.1','OZ','0','0','0','2012-02-15 03:00:37','9','2012-02-15 03:00:37','9')

cas

Hi Milbo,

When you say "The updating of the modules should now work better", do you mean in the next release after K?  Because the K release still overrode my module settings. 

cas

Upgraded to VM2.0.6 and it still overrode my existing AIO settings.   This is a real pain and runs the risk of errors by having to reset all the AIO settings.   Any fix coming?