News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

USPS Plugin for Domestic and International Shipping on VM 2.0

Started by mangotti, January 28, 2012, 03:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdoph

Quote from: alatak on May 02, 2012, 11:53:25 AM
Hello

Quote1.) On my site, I have both downloadable and actual products. How do I make items than CAN be shipped to use the plugin, and the others (the downloadable / services) to not require a shipping selection? Currently, if a downloadable item is purchased, VM wants to have the user choose the shipping type, and I cannot seem to override.
If the weigth of your product=0, it is considered as a donloadable product.
Create a standard shipment method that you can call "downloadable", with the weight parameter=0

In this case, if only downladable products are in the cart, the shipment method called "downloadable" will be selected
If you have at least one product with a weigth , USPS will be choosen.

Quote2.) In the configuration for the USPS shipping plugin, where is the FOB (shipping origination) point calculated from? If, as I assume, it's a single address (i.e. my Virtuemart setup address), then how to support multiple shipping points, if I have warehouses in multiple locations, for different products? Is this possible?
The shipping oigination is the ZIP code given in the shop configuration.
How to support multiple shipping points? rigth now it is not possible. How do you know which warehouse will be used?

Quote3.) When I added multiple products to my order (like 10 or more), even though the weight, size, etc. is (I believe) set correctly per product... the USPS plugin it is still offering a small "flat rate" box of USD $5.35. Obviously this is wrong, as I cannot fit 10 of these items into a small box (I've tried, it just won't work   ), nowhere close. Is weight AND size considered in the calculations?
If you have selected the flat box in the configuration, then it is displayed.
I do not check the number of items.
I will check this , but how can i know that in your case the flat box is ok for 10 products or not ?

Quote4.) Is the plugin tied into the USPS site for shipping labels, etc., or is it simply a calculator.
Rigth  now it is only a calculator.

Quote5.) Is there a direct support option for paid plugin owners, rather than this forum?
Contact us via this link http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vendor/1/contact

Hi Alatak,

Thanks for the feedback...

I have created a "downloadable" shipping type, and it works fine for that purpose, as you described.

As far as the multiple product order, I cannot figure out how to get past this... Maybe I'll need to create multiple shipment types (based on USPS), with different weight settings, and see if it selects automatically.

And, based on the other answers, I'll just let it do what it does for now, and revisit in the future... Seems different items could always have different origination points, but upon review, VM would have to have a "warehouse" setting that could be assigned to an individual product, then the plugin could calculate from there. Just a suggestion, for anyone who's listening.

Thanks again,

Glenn Geller
VDO-Ph International
Thanks,

Glenn Geller
VDO-Ph International

matthewod01

Be sure to download the latest version of the USPS shipping module:  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/.  This fixes an issue where the shipping cart was not showing up or calculating in Internet Explorer!

(UPS is available too). 

Atatak has been really good about working out some of the bugs.  We have to understand that VM is being updated almost everyday and that is primarily because everyone's feed back.  We can't be critical of the core developers of VM and the sometimes bugs.  You can always hire someone to help you out if needed!

Thanks

alatak

Hi,

Thanks Matthew :).

You can update your plugin via this link http://extensions.virtuemart.net/my-orders

QuoteSeems different items could always have different origination points, but upon review, VM would have to have a "warehouse" setting that could be assigned to an individual product, then the plugin could calculate from there.

yes , that could be a solution. To create a custom field plugin where you can set up the warehouse settings, and then send several requests to USPS depending of the warehouse.