News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Text Fields - Edit Product Removes Text

Started by jvista, January 27, 2012, 23:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvista

Finally got the Product Custom text fields working.  However, when a customer goes to edit a product that has a custom text field that's already in their cart, the custom fields are removed.

Is there a way to keep the customers custom fields with the product if they attempt to edit the product?

Thanks
John

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lipes

If the costumers edit the "entire" fields in products they edit the price, etc.. etc... lol :) in a few minutes the webstore will goes to an bankruptcy zone..

I think that maybe he's referring to costumers edit the "Costum fields" in the products... :)

VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

jvista, the only thing you can edit in the cart is quantity.

If you go back to the product page, the text field is going to be empty. ( on the product page, not in the cart)

jvista

So for example... I am a customer and I am purchasing a hat with a name printed on in.  I enter the name to be printed in the custom text field on the product. When reviewing my cart I realize that I misspelled the name.  Is there a way for me to go back and simply edit the name I misspelled or would I need to delete the product then go back and re-add the product to my cart with the correct spelling?

PRO