News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0.1 Error Encounter List (Clean install J1.7.4)

Started by design609, January 27, 2012, 01:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

design609

A list of error encountered after making an install of VM 2.0.1

Total clean install of J17.4 and VM2.01
Shared hosting on two different webhosts

SYSTEM
VM 2.0.1 of 27-Jan-2012
Joomla 1.7.4

PHP Built On    Linux
x86_64
Database Version    5.0.92-community
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    Apache/2.0.64 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.64 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 1.7.4 Stable [ Ember ] 24-Jan-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1

IN ORDER EMAIL TO ADMIN
IF admin buy: Only email is shown i order confirm
IF guest: No info at all in billing and shipment

IF Product specification / custom field type image:
Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tester/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 869

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tester/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 872

IN ORDER EMAIL TO CUSTOMER

IF admin buy: Only email is shown i order confirm
IF guest: No info at all in billing and shipment

IF Product specification / custom field type image:
Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in
/home/dan23191/public_html/tester/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 869

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tester/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 872

IN VIEW ORDER ONLINE FOR CUSTOMER
Bill To
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tester/components/com_virtuemart/views/orders/tmpl/details_order.php on line 71

Ship To
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tester/components/com_virtuemart/views/orders/tmpl/details_order.php on line 82

Warning on "thank you page"
Came about when the custom field "plugin customer text" on the product bought

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/tester/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/orders.php on line 768

Custom field "plugin customer text"

Make a custom field "plugin customer text" save and close
(with field size set to 0 : because you do not know you have to apply/save)
-> got to product and add it
Now alter the size of the field and save
Result it reverts to 0

Now delete it in product and in custom fields
Create a new one (this time Apply/save and on screen refresh set field size amount)
Go to product and add it
Again... value 0
Which by no means can be save as another value.
So now you had a text field in VM2.0 that worked and now in VM2.0.1 is broke

Clone a product
You still not getting those custom fields cloned into the new clone.

Custom fieldtype "cart attribute" (used as dropdown)

Where did that go?

Next / Previous product
No next/previous arrows in J17.4 standard Joomla template
As mentioned by others in forum

Email images (not logo but customfieldstype image)
Stil relative url?
- can't see myself because of error in mail - so might have been fixed.

MINORS----

Lightbox
Click on any image of "no image" that calls up the lightbox overlay, Blocks you from closing this lightbox.
No yo need to use browsers back link to get away.

Sort product by category
Why no sorting of the category in product list in admin?

Email footer layout
Repeating Shopname 3 different times (2 text 1 link)

Edit your billing address
brings you to the same page as "register" or "checkout as guest" very confusing
As the whole checkout layout process and layout is. If using guest/reg user set-up.
- needs heavy improvement in user-ability

Unlock agree "shopper field"
Let those countries where this is mandatory on checkout themselves activate this. Or at least give an opportunity to get rid of it.

EDITOR JCE
Table properties get messed up upon save:
<table _mce_new="1" border="?" cellpadding="?" cellspacing="?">
    <tbody>
        <tr>...

!Only in VM product categories not in Joomla articles

If others have overcome these errors or do not have them at all I would like to hear their set-up system.

I feel the errors on especially checkout process / order email side is very serious. For some businesses this will render their set-up impossible.
And chance are that you will not discover this before very late in the process of building your shop.

I would say the VM2.0 and VM2.0.1 is not stable enough for production site other than very limited/simple webshops (or with a programmer on your shopteam)
Just my 5cents
-  I am anyway looking forward to the future of this extension.
No doubt there have been put a lot of hard work into it by devs.(thumb up 4 them)
- just guess the crowd screamed too aloud about a quick stable release

Cheers

design609

VM - Featured products Module
Breaks layout of Joomla (J17.4) default template in IE 9 and compatibility mode

if the module have no featured products assigned to it and the module anyway is published 

maxi1973

Thanks design609, same problems posted here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97068.new;topicseen#new , but here you explained it as well.
Waiting for developers to fix this major bugs.
My config: joomla 1.7.3 VM 2.0.1 .

If i can i submit another problem:

Upgradig from VM 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 it's impossible in frontpage to "Add/Edit billing address information" and/or "Add/Edit shipment address"

Please report if you or someone else have this bug.

design609

@maxi1973
Quoteimpossible in frontpage to "Add/Edit billing address information"
On my 1.7.4 with a clean install of VM2.0.1 (no upgrade)
I do not have same issue.

I have no problem in the cart to modify Billing or Shipment by clicking the buttons.
- Working fine both when information is already there (logged in or guest entered info)
- and when no info is there (1st time arrival to cart.)

Cheers

maxi1973

I don't know where is the problem... if i use J 1.7.3 with VM2.0.0 it works fine, but when i update to VM 2.0.1 when i clik on Add/edit billing address information i have this error:
Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartControllerEdit_cart_ship_to' not found in /home/mhd-01/www.mywebsiteaddress.xxx/htdocs/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 90

Milbo

Quote from: maxi1973 on January 27, 2012, 20:52:51 PM
I don't know where is the problem... if i use J 1.7.3 with VM2.0.0 it works fine, but when i update to VM 2.0.1 when i clik on Add/edit billing address information i have this error:
Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartControllerEdit_cart_ship_to' not found in /home/mhd-01/www.mywebsiteaddress.xxx/htdocs/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php on line 90

This one is fixed in the 2.0.1a
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

maxi1973

Well done Milbo, great Job, it solved user edit controls in FE.
There is still the problem in the order confirmation mail about customfields...
as you can see they are not shown correctly in email:
Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in /home/mhd-01/www.website.xxx/htdocs/newsite2/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 870

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mhd-01/www.website.xxx/htdocs/newsite2/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 873

I have not fully tested, stressing it, but seems it work by clicking "view your order online" it show both custom fields size and color.

maxi1973

I found another error when customers receive confirmation orders:

when you read articles ordered, and read email in html format (gmail, and android tested), articles link are website link missing... i try to explain better: as you can see in the picture, if i click on the link of the product Scarpa TxPro, the link will be http://index.php.......   without the www.website.xxx specification. It happens both on android phone (galaxy s2) and Gmail (via webmail not email clients).
Maybe in next release you can fix this!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Thomas Kuschel

Quote from: maxi1973 on January 31, 2012, 11:11:39 AM
I found another error when customers receive confirmation orders:

when you read articles ordered, and read email in html format (gmail, and android tested), articles link are website link missing... i try to explain better: as you can see in the picture, if i click on the link of the product Scarpa TxPro, the link will be http://index.php.......   without the www.website.xxx specification. It happens both on android phone (galaxy s2) and Gmail (via webmail not email clients).
Maybe in next release you can fix this!

I found this behavior in VirtueMart 2.0.2 file: com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php :

the $_link is only built with the relative path to the  related product with:
$_link = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=' . $item->virtuemart_product_id);
You have to add your site root with this change:

$_link = $root.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=' . $item->virtuemart_product_id);

Tested with SEF on and SEF off, on Joomla 1.5, VM 2.0.2

Thomas Kuschel