News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Setup international shipping query

Started by woonydanny, January 26, 2012, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woonydanny

Ok, im trying to work out how to setup the shipping for international orders.

Say i only ship to australia, new zealand, singapore, united kingdom and usa how do i set that up?

I have setup shipping methods for each destination with the respective prices and have tested it with different customer shipping addresses and it all seems to work ok, however if you are from a country i do not have a shipping method for it is just shown blank. And so the customer doesn't know what is going on and just looks like my shop is broken. There needs to be some sort of message here to let them know we don't ship to their country.

Do i delete countries i don't ship to from the Country List under the Configuration tab?

1. How do you write something to let someone from a country i don't ship to that shipping is not currently available and they will need to contact us for a quote?
2. Is there any way to have the shipping show earlier in the cart? At the moment you have to go all the way to the cart and then navigate to another page to select shipping to see the shipping charges. Not very intuitive or user friendly

creativesmythe

Hello,
would you mind letting me know how you were able to set up shipping based on the country. I also ship internationally, and I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
thanks
wendye

woonydanny

i gave up with VM2 and now use Hikashop

John2400

peetree21,

Hi sorry you did not get an answer however an easy way to set international shipments would be to create a shipping rate - only put a cost in.

Leave everything else blank-- test on any country --?

* then add your weights like 0 kg to 5 kgs =  $20 and then create another international rate - call it international 2 and so on until you have covered all options.

Don't add countries.

* Yes the domestic customers can see the other rate - but they will not pick a more expensive postage option.

* showing rates : you could just create a tab on the menu bar that shows weights and estimates.( click on me for freight options)

* Don't delete countries you don't ship to just turn them off and explain that in the rates ( menu item you created)