News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Error when editing Manufacturers etc (mainly j2.5)

Started by francoisp, January 25, 2012, 13:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

francoisp

When i try to edit any Manufacturer, Currency, Country, Shipping Method I get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function getListFooter() on a non-object in /home/voetspore/domains/voetspore.co.za/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/currency/tmpl/default.php on line 119

Fatal error: Call to a member function getResultsCounter() on a non-object in /home/voetspore/domains/voetspore.co.za/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/country/tmpl/default.php on line 39

Fatal error: Call to a member function getListFooter() on a non-object in /home/voetspore/domains/voetspore.co.za/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/tmpl/default.php on line 109

Any ideas? Running J1.7.3 and VM 2.0.0

jenkinhill

It is an error on installation, which has only previously been reported on J1.7 where there had been an older version present before. I'm a believer in a complete uninstallation and deletion of files before reinstalling.

In any case this error should not occur in VM2.0.1
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

francoisp

Just as a general comment - this is a clean install with demo data and when i started changing/editing the demo data. Then this happened. I also removed all the data, recreated the tabes with DB tools, same outcome... What is the ETA on VM 2.0.1 ?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

francoisp

Thank you did not know it was released, the current version says it is current and main downloads page only 2.0.0 is there, but I found it on dev. Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

francoisp

Tried VM2.0.1 update same problem... any ideas? Uninstalled completely - deleted DB tables, all files etc and then redid the entire thing - same problem?

marianus

I have same problem when i try to edit Taxes Rules,  Custome Fileds, Shopper groups, Coupons, Manufacturers, Manufacturers categories, Shipment Methods and Payment Methods. I use J 2.5 and VM 2.0.1
Please help!
Thanks

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 2.0.1 has not been officially tested on Joomla 2.5 and is not described as J2.5 compatible, yet - this will take place over the next couple of weeks.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Quote from: francoisp on January 25, 2012, 13:43:45 PM
When i try to edit any Manufacturer, Currency, Country, Shipping Method I get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function getListFooter() on a non-object in /home/voetspore/domains/voetspore.co.za/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/currency/tmpl/default.php on line 119

Fatal error: Call to a member function getResultsCounter() on a non-object in /home/voetspore/domains/voetspore.co.za/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/country/tmpl/default.php on line 39

Fatal error: Call to a member function getListFooter() on a non-object in /home/voetspore/domains/voetspore.co.za/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/manufacturer/tmpl/default.php on line 109

Any ideas? Running J1.7.3 and VM 2.0.0

I think you use not the standard template.  We had this problem only with people who created an override layot for vm1.9.8, but since vm2.0.0 we have our own vmPagination.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Twix

I have it also with VM 2.0.1b J2.5.0 stable. I am using the standard template and more people reported a bug with getListFooter(). I also reported one, see my other topic. It's a VM bug.

-edit-
If you click on a link and replace &task=edit in the URL with &layout=edit it works at least for shipping and payment.

Twix

I think it goes wrong in the edit function of vmcontroller.php (VM 2.0.1b). If you replace it with the code below, the following are fixed: manufacturer, shoppergroup, paymentmethods, shipping, ...

/**
    * Generic edit task
    * @author Max Milbers
    */
   function edit($layout='edit'){

JRequest::setVar('controller', $this->_cname);
      JRequest::setVar('view', $this->_cname);
      JRequest::setVar('layout', $layout);
//       JRequest::setVar('hidemenu', 1);

if(empty($view)){
         $document = JFactory::getDocument();
         $viewType = $document->getType();
         $view = $this->getView($this->_cname, $viewType);
      }

$model = $this->getModel($this->_cname, 'VirtueMartModel');
      if (!JError::isError($model)) {
         $view->setModel($model, true);
      }

// Added by Twentronix
      $app  = JFactory::getApplication();
      $task = JRequest::getCmd('task');
      $cid  = JRequest::getVar( 'cid', array(0), '', 'array' );
      $id   = (int)$cid[0];
      $virtuemart_manufacturer_id = JRequest::getCmd('virtuemart_manufacturer_id');
      $virtuemart_shoppergroup_id = JRequest::getVar('virtuemart_shoppergroup_id', array(0), '', 'array' );
      $virtuemart_shoppergroup_id = (int) $virtuemart_shoppergroup_id[0];
      // TODO userfields and many more...

$link = 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view='.JRequest::getVar('view').'&layout=edit';
      if ($id != null){
         $link = $link.'&cid[]='.$id;
      }
      if ($virtuemart_manufacturer_id != null){
         $link = $link.'&virtuemart_manufacturer_id='.$virtuemart_manufacturer_id;
      }
      if ($virtuemart_shoppergroup_id != null){
         $link = $link.'&virtuemart_shoppergroup_id[]='.$virtuemart_shoppergroup_id;
      }
      $app->redirect($link, $msg);
      // end added

//parent::display();
   }

This also solves the getListFooter() bug. This approach is perhaps not that good. But you know where to look now.

Milbo

yeh, and why people just not understand that they try tires which are NOT fitting to their car?

Why we should make vm2 compatible with j2.5 when we have still some bugs in j1.7? and why people cant accept that it takes TIME to adjust a component and that it is not possible to adjust a component before the other component is final. When we tried j2.5 the first time in november,.. vm2 wasnt even installing. Without doing anything from our side, it suddenly works. So it was absolutly right to not solve this problem, because it was a bug of j2.5.

For vm2 it is the same. People cry that there are not a lot extensions for vm2, but we have here the same problem. 3rd party developers said to us. Make a final, then we start writing for it. So that a component is directly running on j2.5 is only possible when some requirements are meet and almost none of them fit to virtuemart.

Neither is vm2 a small extension, which can be adjust within a day.
Nor is vm2 an old matured code with a big developer base in the background (like CB)

and even CB is not ready. So why people constantly think vm 2 is ready for j2.5? This threads are really kind of annoying ... asked many times with the headline "vm2 is not working".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Twix your solution is maybe right, but I am quite sure not the way you used it in the vmcontroller. The vmcontroller is an abstract class!