News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart Main Module is not listed anywhere

Started by TooBe, February 10, 2012, 14:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooBe

VirtueMart Main Module is not listed anywhere I looked in the modules and in the zipped upload
I didnt install the sample data
Where can I find VirtueMart Main Module file for upload as a search of modules site on my site comes up with There are no modules installed matching your query.
Why didnt it upload? Why isnt it in the package I just uploaded from Virtemart.net
at Download VirtueMart 2.0.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

TooBe

Thank you for replying J but I have read all that and it doesnt explain why I can find this elusive main module It is not in my modules list and it appears it wasnt in the original download zip.
Any clue to where EXACTLY it should be and if it isnt there where EXactly do I find it again would be enormous help
Thanks anyone

jenkinhill

But what do you mean "VirtueMart Main Module" - there is no such module in VM2. the Joomla modules installed in 2.0.1f are:

mod_virtuemart_cart
mod_virtuemart_category
mod_virtuemart_currencies
mod_virtuemart_manufacturer
mod_virtuemart_product
mod_virtuemart_search

There are also some plugins and of course, the VirtueMart Component.

You will find these by using Joomla's module or plugin manager.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

TooBe

I got up to 9b of your suggested manual.
and I got
Fatal error: Call to a member function getListFooter() on a non-object in /home/polomag1/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/paymentmethod/tmpl/default.php on line 122

The main module was a step in another manual I was following for virtue mart. I dont understand why it was different and it is not important anymore since your help has helped me However now I reach a stop with a very basic html page display when I hit the ' new ' button as directed by 9b.
There is no page like the manual shows there should be but a list of menu items in blue
Any help will be appreciated as I have come to a stop. Your manual is very good so far.

jenkinhill

You will get that error with VM2.0 on Joomla 2.5.1 - there you should use VM2.0.1x - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96945.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

TooBe

Done!
Thank You Clever Hero Member!
I was flying by the skin of my teeth to understand that.. but I seem to have guess correctly ...as the same page as the manual predicts has turned up.
I took a guess and down loaded the aio as well and it is telling me to update as there is a newer 2.0.2 found but I am ignoring that as I understand it is this updater will revert me back to 2.0.0 If I have understood correctly.
So I now press on...