News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update problems from 1.9.8G

Started by atedder, January 25, 2012, 08:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atedder

I'm running JM 1.7.3 and started with a fresh install of VM 1.9.8G, last summer. It was not an upgrade, but a fresh install. My client has 21,900 items in his store and and 1GB of images, so it's a big site. When I started the build, I had NO IDEA it would be such a major pain to get the site launched or I would not have gone with 1.9.8, but I wanted to make sure my client had the latest version. I've followed everyones "simple" steps to upgrade (1.9.8G > 1.9.8M > RC3 > 2.0) but I can NEVER get past 1.9.8M, so I've had to resort to doing a fresh install of 2.0 then manually inserting data into SQL tables. I've finally gotten the site to "mostly" work, but now it won't let me add any products from the admin panel. I input everything but it doesn't keep the Product Name, so the product won't stay in. Once that happens, I can't even see ANY of the products from the backend (they are still there in the front-end) unless I log out of JM and back in again.

I've been leading my client along, with promises of success-just-around-the-corner for TOO long now. I NEED a solution to a PROPER upgrade from 1.9.8G to 2.0, that works. I've invested at least 10x as many man hours on this site as I quoted for the project, so now not only has it cost me a great deal of time/money with this client, but I must continually come back to try the next-big-fix, which means putting off work for other clients, which puts me even deeper in the hole.

Had I known in August that VM still wouldn't be ready for a Live Site in January, I never would have went down this path. Now unfortunately, it's too late and I MUST find a solution, so as to complete this job for my client. Well, it still won't be complete until after Authorize.net is working, which has really upset my client, who has been using it on his other site with VM 1.1.5 for a long time now.

I'll do whatever it takes, Milbo, I'll pay you, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! The site is currently live at www.SpaKingdomDirect.com

stinga

If VM1 works why go to VM2? I would stay with VM1 unless there is a real need to go with the latest version.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

atedder

Stinga, then why did you even develop VM2? The same reason it was developed is why I chose to base his second site on VM2.  This was for a brand new site for this client, and with the promised advancements to VM2, why would a someone who wants to provide good customer service to his clients, develop a NEW site on what was about to be an OLD platform?

PRO

atedder, send me your log in details, and I will have a look.

I saw a problem with the name not saving, and cant remember what he was doing wrong. I cant find the thread. It was something very simple

Milbo

You can also prepare an akeeba debug, write to me a pn and then I contact you in skype and will do it for you.

I stated before and I underline again. No one should stay back and have troubles with updating.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PRO

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member