News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2.0.1 - Custom Fields - How to display in dropdown?

Started by cas, January 25, 2012, 07:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhouse

Sounds great. Will try.

ARGH... I had this working. Now I go back in, and there is no field to enter the variable names, just a drop down that isn't there.

cas

I'm not sure about the other problem you noted with quantity and prices, but I feel your pain.  To my understanding version 2 is completely rewritten with lots of great new features, but until the bugs are worked out and there is good documentation, it will take some patience from us.  Let's remember they did this for free, so we owe them a great deal of thanks.  I'm confident things will get better soon. 

Greenhouse

Thats awesome. Worked great. Thank you.

Is there a way to display the cart info everywhere on the site?, or does that require a component or plug-in?

cas

Glad it worked!

To display the cart info on the site, you need to install the AIO and then go the Module Manager and use the VM Shopping Cart module. 

rvbgnu

Quote from: cas on February 09, 2012, 23:30:29 PM
You can change the "Free" to anything you want by doing a Joomla language override.  Look this feature up in Joomla... it works great to override labels without your changes getting overridden when you upgrade Joomla or the extensions such as VM. 
It's so easy... Just edit the file: your-root\language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini
Add the line: COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="put whatever you want it to say here"
For me I made it blank "" so nothing displays when the price is 0. 

I also added this line in the override file to change the Joomla user profile plugin label 'Region' to 'State':
PLG_USER_PROFILE_FIELD_REGION_LABEL="State:"

This override feature is a great Joomla feature.

It's even better in Joomla 2.5, you don't need to edit the file. You can go directly to in joomla admin (back end) > Language Manager > Overrides, and enter what you want in the graphic User Interface. And awesome feature, probably a time saver: a search function to locate words and constant name.

A must have a look ;-)
Best Regards, Hervé Boinnard - Irish Time (GMT)
Joomla! multilingual website and online business made easy - https://www.puma-it.ie

3D Secure v1 (3DS1) & Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)! Stripe.com payment plugin for VirtueMart 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/stripe-for-virtuemart
Authipay (AIB Merchant Services) for VirtueMart 2 & 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/authipay-aib-merchant-services-for-virtuemart

kimbukhari

Dear cas,

I am using virtuemart 2.0.0 and as per your instruction searched for the .ini file what you have mentioned, but there is no such file in that folder. Only an index file is there, what to do? I am totally new to Joomla, please help me!

Regards,

Kim

cas

Hi Kim,

You can create the .ini file in the overrides folder.   But even easier now with Joomla 2.5 is using the user interface in the admin to make overrides.  Just go to your Joomla admin > Language Manager > Overrides, and then enter whatever you want in the user interface.

Hope this helps,
Chuck

kimbukhari

Quote from: cas on April 26, 2012, 22:19:28 PM
Hi Kim,

You can create the .ini file in the overrides folder.   But even easier now with Joomla 2.5 is using the user interface in the admin to make overrides.  Just go to your Joomla admin > Language Manager > Overrides, and then enter whatever you want in the user interface.

Hope this helps,
Chuck

Dear Chuck,

Thanks for responding. basically, i would love to upgrade my site to 2.5 but there are some of the plugins which are right now not available for 2.5 what i am already using in it. Could you please help me about the code what need to be written in that ini file as i am a beginner to joomla. Plz!

Regards,

Kim

cas

Hi Kim,

Here is what's in my en-GB.override.ini. The first 5 lines are just comments.  The last 2 lines are the actual overrides. 

; $Id: en-GB.override.ini 21509 2011-06-10 07:48:41Z infograf768 $
; Joomla! Project
; Copyright (C) 2005 - 2011 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
; License GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt, see LICENSE.php
; Note : All ini files need to be saved as UTF-8 NO BOM

PLG_USER_PROFILE_FIELD_REGION_LABEL="State:"
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE=""

kimbukhari

Dear Chuck,

Thanks a lot. It really worked :)! You should also be given the title of "Hero Member :)"

Also, if i want to override / remove the field label "Price" and ": :" symbols which appear after it, what do i need to do more? Please advice. I would also need to know a couple of things more, if you dont mind :)

1- I need to fix a shipment cost against a product that if Product A is selected, Shipment rate A applied to the cart automatically
2- As there is a "standard payment" option available in virtuemart, i need to create / add a method (i.e. Western Union) into my cart. How to create it?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Kim

cas

Hi Kim,

I'm glad it worked!  As far as changing the label "Price" or any other label, you just need to find that label in the file en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini, or one of the other virtuemart language .ini files.  Once inside the right language file, then do a search for "Price" to get the label you want to change and then that entire line of code is what you put into the en-GB.override.ini.  It's that simple! 

For the other 2 questions about shipment and payment, I don't know the answer to those, sorry.  Try doing a search and if you cannot find the answer, post your question into a forum related to shipping and then one related to payment.   Good luck!

Cheers,
Chuck

Sonictech

I was reading through this post and this is sort of what I was looking for regarding another post.  I am trying to set up a product that has multiple prices depending on the type that is needed.  There is no base price, just the price in the drop down list.  The question is:

1. How can you have the drop list with the custom cart variant field to show up with out having a base price?  I have attached a photo to this to explain what I am trying to do, thanks for any help!

Shawn

[attachment cleanup by admin]

kimbukhari

Dear Guys,

Could you please advice some way to sort the cart fields as i have tried to save these in order (in administration panel) but not showing as saved in order. What do i have to do?

Regards,

Kim