Only standard translation in products description shown (Backend)

Started by seagul, January 18, 2012, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagul

Hi,

I have a VM 2.0 (J1.7.3) store with three languages, generally works fine.

But with the product description in the backend the wrong translation is shown. I can add the languages to the product, then save. It is shown in the frontend. However, now I can not go back and change the description in the BE. It shows only the standard language values but with the different language flags.

English flag
english name
english description

german flag
german name
english description <-- should be german.

If I save the product like this, my language translation is overwritten and lost.

Will this be solved in the next release?
Thanks,
Seagul

Studio 42

In BE you have always the default language first and after you change it on drop Down list of language the new chosen translatable fields are show with A flag before this fields.

When you re edit same product you have always the default language and must reselect in the list your language to edit.

I have retested this with success.
Sometime  you think you are in another Lang and then you think the save is not correct but remember That you are always on begin editing in the chosen Joomla FRONT language.

seagul

Thanks for your reply.

I checked it again.
I know that I am in the standard language (EN for me) when I come back to re-edit an article. When I change the language (on re-editing the article) it changes all normal text-fields to the second language (DE for me) but not the description (html area)! The description stays in English. So I can not re-edit my German translation - same with my third language.

seagul

I tested in the new 2.0.1 C on my localhost.
It is still not working.
Have a look with this screencast.
http://screencast.com/t/8TyiOMGokbYF

Studio 42

Hi,
DO you have change tiny MCE ?
The html editor in joomla ?
Because the method to acces this type of fields is done by TinyMce javascript.

You can try to change to editor "none" to do a test and look what's append?
Because the only difference is the use in desciption of tinyMce.

If you know how it work you can controle with firebug(firefox extention) the Json response on language switching in the console(keyboard F12 )

seagul

ok, it is working with tiny mce and with no editor. But it does not work with JCE and CodeMirror.