News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Downloadable products?

Started by dsrpmedia, January 24, 2012, 21:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrpmedia

has the downloadable products plugin been published yet?
if so where do I get it?
if not, does anyone know when we can expect it?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dsrpmedia

variant

Can someone help with downloadable products? How can I creat it?
And how it creates for sale?

I can add a file in Shop -> Media Files
But how it relate to products or how create a products with this file.

Used VirtueMart 2.0.1 H

Thanks

bohemier

Hello jenkinhill,

Is the feature for downloadable products available in 2.0.2? If so, how can we use it? I've been searching all around for this... thanks!

jenkinhill

Use the product download plugin for saleable downloads. - http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/shipment-for-virtual-products-detail

For free downloads auch as datasheets or instruction files the links for these can be displayed using custom fields in VM2.0.2 and later.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dsrpmedia

it`s now $40.00 for what was a free feature in 1.1?

bohemier

I'm totally fine with that, I think the VM guys are entitled for some revenue for all the hard work they did for VM2.

Where can we get support for the plugin? The download link I am getting doesn't work. It downloads an index.php file containing

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Class 'JFile' not found in <b>X/plugins/vmcustom/st42_download.php</b> on line <b>311</b><br />

Edit: Strange... why is it not picking up the JFile class? Shouldn't it be included with the Joomla Core?

Fixed myself: It seems the solution lies in Virtuemart. When it uses the JFile class, there's a check to make sure it is included. So just insert that at the beginning of function startDownload in st42_download.php:

if(!class_exists('JFile')) require(JPATH_VM_LIBRARIES.DS.'joomla'.DS.'filesystem'.DS.'file.php');

...though the licence prohibits to modify code  :-X

Thanks

jenkinhill

Electrocity wrote that plugin, but he is not on the forum at this time - maybe later. Or PM him.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK