News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

I can not add a product category ;(

Started by Fullmarketing, January 24, 2012, 18:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullmarketing

Hey Guys!

I installed the latest version of VirtueMart 2.0.0 and got no errors!
My Joomla Version is 1.7.3

I wanted to add some Product Categorys. But this failed!
I got these two syntax errors.

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php on line 75
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php on line 140

I set the permissions of the cache & com_virtuemart folder to 777.
I also cleared the Browser cache. Nothing works!

Please take a look at the attached picture.

I use the VirteMart 2.0.0 for the first time. Are there some good documentations in German how to configure the Shop correctly?

Thanks for your help! ;)

Andi

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Fullmarketing

Please! Can someone help me!?

Thanks!

Andi

ModestZou

Me too, help help help !

Thanks!

Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ModestZou

I am sure its not compatible with 2.5 yet.

enock

Quote from: ModestZou on January 31, 2012, 05:27:33 AM
I am sure its not compatible with 2.5 yet.

Upgrade a site to 2.5.1 and upgraded Virtuemart to 2 - worked except unable to add or change categories - defaults to the broken template as above (but I get no errors)

Set up a new 2.5 site and the first and only thing installed is Virtuemart 2 with sample data - same error when trying to do anything with categories.

I agree Virtuemart is not yet compatible with Joomla 2.5

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SimonJae

Hi Jenkin
I had the noted problems as per above and went through both updates... C & D and now find its all sitting pretty.

BUT (  :)  ) with one discalimer. It may just be the config somehow.. it may be the the 3 'upgrades'... I am not sure; but since the "C" install the top product navigation (neighbours) will not display consequtive products... I am getting ie. Product1; Product3; Product5; Product7 - so... not displaying at all are 2,4,6,8 etc unless they are specified back at the Category level.
Though even then, after 4... comes 5... and again... then 7,9,11, etc

Where am I going wrong... is this common, a bug or somewhere in my config of the shop?

TIA. Simon

( Joomla 2.51/VM 2.01d. Running Linux, Firefox & Mac )
( Example: http://www.auslux.com.au/index.php/component/virtuemart/bathroom-vanities/600-vanities/600-vanity-05-detail?Itemid=104   )
Let the interface live.