Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal Module and Email Confirmation of Orders

Started by mattprudente, January 24, 2012, 12:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattprudente

Joomla 1.7
VM2.0

Is anyone else having the same issue as me? I've testing this on different hosting and all sorts of different set ups, but the PayPal payment module will not send out order confirmation to either the store admin or the customer. I've switched it to the standard payment option and I then receive the conformation emails.

Has anyone got a solution?

mattprudente

It looks like this is a common question without solution. I've updated to VM 2.0.1 today and it's not resolved. How does Virtuemart send the order emails out?

John2400

Same exact issue - I'm working on that all day - tomorrow -.

* all types of options, change all the email to others -
* change the vendor
* change all the settings in Paypal configuration.
* only have paypal as an option
* ??? any ideas would help

* Did a small test today - If a customer orders through my paypal although they do not receive an original invoice they still are taken to Paypal and they can pay from there.  They will receive an email that says they have paid from Paypal. I receive notification from Paypal that someone has bought an Item and the paypal invoice has the invoice number

I then just login find the invoice myself and see what they ordered. You could them send them a message taht you the shop have their order.

Then we wait for VM 2.0.2,3 etc to fix the issue.  ( But it will still go through)

* so you can run the shop witha little effort.

qx

Same issue here, no confirmation emails when ordering through paypal. Also, I do not return to the shop (currently testing)after a paypal order.

Any updates on this ?

dron_gr

in 2.0.0 for sure there is an issue. I dont know how about further versions. The problem is that there is a warning for client when the payment is successful and PayPal going to redirect you to your "thank you page". The warning message is: "Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an encrypted connection that could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?" and depends on client if he press "continue" button in time there ORDER email willbe sent. The problem is that PayPal is HTTPS and our sites are HTTP (means without SSL encryption). I have the same issue with you and nobody until now couldnt propose any solution. Do not give up! Still waiting =)

John2400

Hi guys,

The issue with paypal and emails was solved in version 2.0.2 ?

We are about to update and test versions 2.0.3 'e'  soon? I think if you update you should have no issue.

qx : just remember I found the best way to really test was to make one product $1.00 and purchase for real through paypal.
Wait a few minutes for everything to go through and you should have an email from paypal confirming your order and payment.

* Remember if you use paypal - you only get an emailing when it is paid - "there are no preorder emails" sent by VM when you are using the paypal option,
Yes if you pick another  payment option like  cash -- you get a pre email.

dron_gr

Hi John2400,

About updating: no it is not an option.
About successful payment: I think we always talking about successful payment. In PayPal you do it by two ways: real successful 1$ payment or sandbox test payment where the money are not real but process is real. The orders are sent by same way which i describe in previous message. Everything stucks when PayPal (which has secured connection HTTPS) is going to send notification that payment was successful to http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&pm=[payment_order_number].

PS Look my attachment to see what i am talking about.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

dron_gr,

Hi I have noticed on old VM 1 that paypal did not like to send the notification to domains that did not use the an email address from the same domain.
IE if you used dron@mysite.com and  your site is mysite.com it was happy to send the confirmation email.
But if you the vendor use a paypal account and use a different domain in the email for your paypal account it does not like it.

and it bounces. In VM 2 I have not noticed this - but we may use different countries for out logion email -

I have seen some countries with some similar issues.
* I don't like the sand box - $ I always just try the real thing every now and then.

Most people using VM do not have a https site - this should not be an issue.  I have never see this but maybe in Paypal you may be able to set accepted sites?  Have a look or certainly call paypal and talk with them. They want your money so I find them very helpful with issues like this.

dron_gr

Hi John2400,

If you suppose that my domain is www.A-B.com then PayPal email is B@A-B.com so these two parts have very strong connection between them.

I wonder what kind of notification taking VM from PayPal to send an order e-mail?

PayPal has an IPN function (Instant Payment Notification) which sends a notification immediately after successful payment. There is no need to go back to website. I mean right away after successful payment and it is in Vendor hands to choose an URL where that notification should be sent. So why not to use an IPN function - it would save many people from headache.

Respectfully.

John2400

OK what you want is after payment you wish the site to redirect to a different site, eamil  or not at all.

I use paypal - buttons as well (on other sites) and they allow you to redirect to a different page or site when you have finished (payments)
* I have ones set up for congratualtions, another for no payment and one that redirects to the home page - (depending on the payment options in paypal)

* If you cannot over rule VMs coding in Paypal's setup then - you need ( alatack to answer your question)

You may need to start a post yourself and make it sound like an issue"  Paypal not sending confirmation to correct address" VM 2.0.3 e"*
You the Vendor need to modify the confirmation email to a certain address or email

* I presume this is set up to redirect back to the site ASAP to change the stock from "pending to confirmed" and then allow the stock to decrease by the number of products bought.
* Then allow VM to send an email to the sellor and vendor to confirm the order as well.
* so you really need an option after that -

antonitus

I'm using VM2.0.7b and no emails have been sent out except for the standard PayPal email.  I made a genuine payment by the way.  Has anyone got this to work?  Is there still a bug in this, I wonder?  Any other other option apart from PayPal (not including other payment gateways which I do not have and did not test) work, such as Purchase Order (raw BACS transfer information).
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

Can anybody respond to this rather important issue.  This is one of the things that is stopping my clients site from going live and I've run out of excuses.  I can see that several people have this issue so I would like to know if anyone resolved it.
Thanks
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

melingmeier

Same problem here. It would be nice if the customer would be redirected to my shop after paying automaticaly and of course... if VM would recognize the payment status. Currently with 2.0.6 there is an order saved in the database everytime a user is forwarded to the paypal site, even the payment was not successful. If it was, the status stays the same and VM ignores the settings I made under Paypal/configuration/back to shop.
Virtuemart Version: 3.0.16 on Joomla 3.5.1; php 7

antonitus

I think we will never get a decent solution here as yet because this part is purely full of bugs and as yet it is not developed properly. I'm hoping the VM team are at least viewing this thread and acting on a solution. Can Milbo or jenkinhill help here as these two seem to be the ones who are kindly helping most people here.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

dartvader

Same problem here, VM 2.0.6 and J2.5.
Can anyone take this problem seriously ? Paypal was very important !