Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Login Module

Started by kenzor, January 23, 2012, 09:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenzor

Hello,

is there a Login Module for VM2.

I want to go to the administration via frontend (in a extern window)...

This one for VM1 is no working.

Help me please.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

coville

Thank you for the reply Jenkinhill but those links do not answer the question asked.

I have read numerous posts on the forum and still have not found an answer to the question of frontend administrative control. I would like to be able to assign someone the role of order fulfillment without having them login to the the administrator portion of the joomla site.

Is there a extension that would allow someone to login to the frontend of joomla and and be able to see the list of orders?

Others have asked about a way for a user to login to the frontend of the joomla site and be able to edit products or categories without going to the administrator side of the site. ACL does not accomplish this.

Thank you again for your help.

jenkinhill

coville I think the OP was for a login module for user account admin. You seem to be asking about something else, like front end product administration by a vendor? That is not a module related problem, but related to component access, so this is the wong forum section to discuss this.
I do know that some people have worked around this by using ACL in Joomla 2.5 by excluding all other components etc from the special user view. I understand that the facility for FE admin will be available in VM2 at a later stage, it has to be for the forthcoming multi-vendor facility, but there are some security issues to be addressed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

coville

jenkinhill, thank you for your help.

jacquedonald

Is there anyway to change the font color on the text in the module from black to white? (Just the preview text not in the popup with cart contents) and also the Module says "MOD_VM2_CART_CART  Total" even though i have renamed the module - any way to change that? Its a very nice module by the way! Thank you either way.