News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipment plugins and weight - Fail

Started by Rune Rasmussen, January 23, 2012, 02:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune Rasmussen

After some testing it seems like there is a issue with the shipment plugins and weight.
Seems like the actual shipping weight is not collected in the cart, instead it outputs per product:

print_r($this->getOrderWeight($cart, 'GR')); = 10000
print_r($this->getOrderWeight($cart, 'KG')); = 10

This doesn't change whatever unit and weight you have on the products.
Rune Rasmussen - https://www.syntaxerror.no/

Norwegian Translation Team

alatak

Hi,

Looks like you are rigth. Fixing the problem.

alatak

Hi,

No actually it is correct.

Quoteprint_r($this->getOrderWeight($cart, 'GR')); = 10000
10 kg=10000 grams

Rune Rasmussen

No it's not right.

As I wrote, this is per product/item in your cart. No matter what weight you set on them.

There is NO 10 KG product in that cart, the product can be 1 GR and still this will show. Add two products and you'll get 20000 etc.

Has anyone really got the weight shipping working in real life testing?

alatak

Hi,

Please show me a screenshot of your product, and the one from your shipment settings. I will try to see where is the problem.

Rune Rasmussen

Hm ... loged in to take screenshots for you, and discovered it seems fine today.

Does VirtueMart 2 do some caching on products, even if all caching is turned of i Joomla itself? Is this a setting somewhere?

Will do more testing, but seems like it's a caching issue.

techmodule

Quote from: rued on January 23, 2012, 02:46:15 AM
After some testing it seems like there is a issue with the shipment plugins and weight.
Seems like the actual shipping weight is not collected in the cart, instead it outputs per product:

print_r($this->getOrderWeight($cart, 'GR')); = 10000

This doesn't change whatever unit and weight you have on the products.
I have same problem
When i change the weight unit, the total weight not change

alatak

Hello

The function getOrderWeight convert the weight of the product between the product weight and the unit set in the shipment.

If the product weight= 20 grams, and the shipment weight unit = Kg, then order_weigth = 0.02.

From the version 2.0.8e, we have added a functionality. Log in as admin on the front end, and you will have some infos displayed
Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:0.02 weight_start:100 weight_stop:2000 result:0

I hope those infos can help you to better find out why no shipment is selected

techmodule

Quote from: alatak on August 03, 2012, 14:20:13 PM
Hello

The function getOrderWeight convert the weight of the product between the product weight and the unit set in the shipment.

If the product weight= 20 grams, and the shipment weight unit = Kg, then order_weigth = 0.02.

From the version 2.0.8e, we have added a functionality. Log in as admin on the front end, and you will have some infos displayed
Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:0.02 weight_start:100 weight_stop:2000 result:0

I hope those infos can help you to better find out why no shipment is selected
dear atalak
Thank for your reply
And i have some question
1. how can i "Log in as admin on the front end, and you will have some infos displayed
Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:0.02 weight_start:100 weight_stop:2000 result:0" , can you give me a detail guilding.
2. what the fuction to get the total weight in the Vm Cart? I have install the pro_ship plugin, but it can not get the total of the weight in VM cart.
Thank you so much