Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping not showing up

Started by rflores2323, January 22, 2012, 16:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rflores2323

I am using joomla 1.5 and VM2

site rflores2323.com

I am trying to get shipping setup on my site however it is not working properly.

When I add an item to my cart and then try to checkout I do not get anything under shipping.  Also it shows as shipment and not shipping, How do I change that?

I have the plugin vmshipment enabled.  Is there another plugin that is suppose to be there?

I have configured like below

shop>shipment methods
Created USPS
Countries United states
Zip range 0
Zip range 0
lowest weight 0
highest weight 5
weight unit lbs
shipment cost 10
package fee 0
tax apply apply no rule
min amount for free shipment 0

SO I thought this would give me a flat shipping rate for all the US for anything 5 lbs and under.  Any help please

jenkinhill

You have to register to see the shipping selector.... Try with a different browser. If a country is not selected by the shopper the shipping cannot be called.  Has already been covered in the forum more than once. eg http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96396.0

The wording can be changed using a language override - search the forum.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rflores2323

I searched the forum and did not find anything for changing the name from shipment to shipping.  :(  How can I do this?

Rune Rasmussen

Can it be that you have set the shipping to max 5 KG, and that VirtueMart for some reason use 10 KG as lowest value per item in the cart: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96834.0

Try to raise your max weight to confirm.
Rune Rasmussen - https://www.syntaxerror.no/

Norwegian Translation Team

John2400

I think you will find that the zip codes are the issues -

Remember when testing you are asked for a  zip code as a purchaser.  So for a start type beginning as 0000000 and end as 9999999

the as a customer you can type any numerical number and shipping will show.

This is and old issue in VM1 -

You must in the end make sure that the zip codes are perfect and when testing use real zip code ranges - otherwise shipping will not show up on a purchase.

dnlvsci

Can anyone help me for setup shipping? I'm using joomla 1.5.25, VM 2.0.1f, firefox and google chrome.

I read lots of post but nothing help me. I attached a picture what show my problem.  I setup the plugin what i read a lots of post. After i login to the shop buy somwthing and go to cart. After I see not choosed the shipping and payment method (but I enabled the auto shipping and apyment mode). When I click the shipping method i get this messages: Please select a shipment method....  We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.... I setup everything what I can.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alatak

Hi,
The rules are,: you do not need to set a condition when you do not have a condition. I mean you do not need to set the min/max nb of products, if you don"t have a condition on it.
Please, remove all the options that are not necessary. For example also, the max amount which is set to 0.
I think that is the reason.

dnlvsci

Thanks your reply but this not solved my problem (i tried lots of different setups but the problem continous). I found myself how can i solve this and open a new topic. I'm using joomla 1.5.25 and after VM2.0 all version made same bug for me. I search a problem few days and I found it. If I change (in admin/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php) code

$select = 'SELECT l.*, v.*,
   j.`extension_id`,j.`name`, j.`type`, j.`element`, j.`folder`, j.`client_id`, j.`enabled`, j.`access`, j.`protected`, j.`manifest_cache`,
   j.`params`, j.`custom_data`, j.`system_data`, j.`checked_out`, j.`checked_out_time`, j.`state`,  s.virtuemart_shoppergroup_id ';

to

$select = 'SELECT l.*, v.*, j.*, s.virtuemart_shoppergroup_id '; everything working great. My problem not unique because after opened a topic another person is wrote same problem....

Here is the new topic: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97917.0