News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Adjusting field sizes Orderstatus loginfields

Started by MaHe29, January 22, 2012, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaHe29

When a customer want´s to login to check his order status. The fields for entering the following information (order number, order pass, username  and password) are to wide to fit my page,
because of modules on the right side of the page.
Since the order number and order secret code are shorter then the size of the boxes I want to adjust the wide of these boxes.

As far as I found out I have to adjust the field size boxes in  Root/components/com_virtuemart/views/orders/tmp/List_login.obsolete.php
The displayed names are from
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PASS
COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_NUMBER
COM_VIRTUEMART_USERNAME
COM_VIRTUEMART_PASSWORD

But when I change the field size nothing happens.
The page code in dreamweaver is just yellow, as normally there are different colors  shown.
I thought the yellow code isn't code used to display components, but are more like notes of the codes shown

[attachment cleanup by admin]

design609

Hi
the file is obsolete . So none of that code is used.
Anyway if you want to edit any files coming from the Virtuemart component, be sure to copy the files and then upload them to a folder inside your Joomla template folder called "html"
- And then edit them (so the original files always is kept intact)
See: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

What is the html source of this page you are trying to modify - is there not enough classes for you to style what you want via CSS ?

MaHe29

Thanks, I've edited Components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/login.php to get the job done.

[attachment cleanup by admin]