News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Categorie display next to the products

Started by Anypc, January 22, 2012, 09:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anypc

Hello all,

Ive been looking for almost 2 days but cant find a solution.

I have a webshop on my website, but it's not the only thing on the site, i also have portfolio and information where there's no need for a category display.
I have Joomla 1.5.25 and VM 2.0.

When i go to the webshop, i get category list on the left, products in the middle, and login and cart information on the right.
When i click a category from the list, i go into that category, BUT the list on the left ánd the right disappears!

I have the module published on the webshop pages only, if I add it to all pages, it stays, but I dont want the categories displayed at my webdesign portfolio, so that's not an option.

How can I get the modules to display on every page inside the webshop without displaying it on all the other pages of my website?

Thanx in advance!
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Version J2.5.4 with VM 2.0.3E.

jenkinhill

If you mainmenu link to VirtueMart is to "VirtueMart Default Layout" and the modules are assigned to that menu item only then they should display on all VM pages, category, checkout etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Anypc

Thanks for your reply,

The main menu link is to the category view. The normal view gives me an error (500 - Layout "0" not found) so I use category view instead.

Any other way to get it to work? or maybe a way to fix the error 500 - Layout "0" not found?

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

jenkinhill

That's what the problem is. Have you edited any of the template files in components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl ?

The server error log should give more information about the 500 error.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Anypc

Hi, thanks again for the fast reply.

I dont think I made changes, I'll re-upload the original files to see if that works.

I just replaced all the files in the folder 'components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl' with the originals.
While replacing I checked the file-sizes. No descrepencies. And it still doesn't work.

How do I acces the server error log you talk about? is that the normal Joomla debug function?

I will be able to reply a lot faster tomorrow for I have a day off. So thanks for your response!
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK