News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2 not showing up in Components (backend)

Started by mrpdavis, January 22, 2012, 08:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpdavis

I installed VM 2 and it says it all installed good, and all the modules were installed correctly.  But when I go to see it in the 'components' tab in the backend, it does not show up at all.  I can't find VM to make any changes or anything.  Anyone know a fix to this

I am using Joomla 1.7 and VM 2.

Please help  :(  :'(

Brandon S.

Same problem actually... Installed a fresh version of Joomla 1.7.3 and installed the newest VM2. But it doesnt show up in my Components drop down menu and no way of accessing it. Everything says its installed correctly. Weird.

jenkinhill

What sort of database, MySQL or MySQLi was selected in Joomla installation? What version of PHP? Proper server or local host.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ipo

I have the same problem with latest Joomla (2.5) and Virtuemart (2.0.1) installed. Running on proper server, MySql and PHP 5.2.17. Already tried solution mentioned here, but with no luck. Any suggestions much appreciated.

jenkinhill

ipo, if you search or read the forum you will kmow that VM2.0.x is not yet compatible with Joomla 2.5 - eg http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96983.msg319924#msg319924

Joomla 2.5.1 which is an essential bugfixed version will be released on Tuesday - maybe that one will work....

J2.5 really requires PHP 5.3
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ipo

Thank you for your explanation. For now I've solved problem with KC Quickicons, but will try updating when they're available.