unprofessional look for Paypal credit card checkout. Help!

Started by sxl097, January 19, 2012, 17:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxl097

:-[

Hi, Alatak and folks,

I implement a payment option, basically credit card through paypal.  I choose "vm-payment, paypal". Everything works, except it will to go to Paypal first option, which asking for paypal account login. What can I do let it always to straight to paypal's second option, which it is to use credit card without paypal acccout - "Pay with Bill Me LaterĀ®, Debit or Credit Card". I got a lot of customers complained about it as they could see the second and got stuck. I have to remind them choose the second option by click on "Pay with Bill Me LaterĀ®, Debit or Credit Card".

Many thanks,

Vm 2.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dj55b

I would like to know the answer to this aswell. I personally do have a business account with paypal.

jenkinhill

In the UK for a business account  the first Paypal page reached features the pay by card facility, although the standard Paypal account option is still there. Other countries may show differently. The PayPal API should solve this for all countries where it can be used, but has not yet been released for VM2, although it may be available from the developer - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93146.msg308797#msg308797 .
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DeepaVaith

Hi! please could you help me as I am unable to figure out how to get the credit acceptance by Paypal.
I am a newbie to VM2, but I had got it to work in VM 1.1.7.   Any pointers will be welcome.

Thanks,
deepa

userVM

If you don't post the client email Paypal will automatically show the credit card tab.

You can do that by comment the line 173 ("email" => $address->email,) in the file /plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php of your site

I know that this is a kludge but it worked for me.

DeepaVaith

Thanks-that worked and the options showed up.  now to test it with some sandbox data :)

jlhall07

This doesn't work for me. It only give the buyer the option to setup a Pay-Pal account to checkout. I need for the buyer to either pay with their existing Pay-Pal account or with Credit Card. No forced accout setup option.... :-\

VM2/J1.5

alatak

Hi

QuoteYou can do that by comment the line 173 ("email" => $address->email,) in the file /plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php of your site
I will look in the documentation for that.