News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0 MULTILANGUAGES

Started by frafac, January 19, 2012, 09:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frafac

Hi all,

I installed joomla-1.7.3 and italian language pack....
Then I Installed Virtuemart 2.0.0 and virtuemart-aio...
All works fine.. I have FE and BE in english and in italian...

I set up virtuemart for use multilanguage in Configuration-> Shop.... selecting all my languages... I configure Vendor in Shop->Shop in italian and in English...

Now I want to create a product or a categories...
But when I use English Backend.... I create a product...whit only one language description.. and if I switch to Italian Backend... I don't see my product I created....

I think I miss something...

Joomfish is not necessary in the new VM2 don't you??

Please help me....

Another question... I'm setting up a new shop... Should I use VM1.1 that is fine documented.. or is better for me to start using vm2?

Thanks a lot

Francesco

jjk

Do you mean that you don't see your new product at all, or is it visible in english but not visible in italian?
Joomfish is not necessary in VM2, but the future version of Joomfish will probably allow you to set a relation between your english product description and your italian product description. Joomla 1.7.x can only set a relation between menu items.

Concerning your last question, you have to decide that yourself. There is no manual for VM2 yet, but if you run into problems, you can usually find a solution in the forum. So it might take longer to learn VM2, but VM2 is the future. VM1.1.9 doesn't work with Joomla 1.7.x or the upcoming Joomla 2.5.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

frafac

thanks for your reply..

I fix it and now I'm using vm2 and joomla 1.7.3... with 2 languages... and it work fine...

Last question... with vm 1.1.9 I can create a product type...and custom field for that product type...

In the vm 2.0 I can create custom fields without create product type... Cannot we create different product type??

And the advanced search module based on product type and custom fields... is available on the vm2??

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Francesco

frafac

I just fix the problem...
It's not a problem.. :)

Insteade create a "product type" I have to create a Custom Field "Parent" and the create custom fields as child of that parent... :)

It works fine...

But.. regarding advanced search??
Solution?