Author Topic: PayPal payment option shows duplicate 'credit card' option.  (Read 3044 times)

hptschupp

• Beginner
PayPal payment option shows duplicate 'credit card' option.
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:11 am »
I created a payment method by using Paypal (ps_paypal_api). It works fine on the checkpout workflow, however there is a problem:

The Payment method creates TWO radio buttons. One is the PAYPAL option that works. It also creates another radio button option "credit card". When selecting this option, PAY PAL page is not instigated and error messages show up: (Invalid Credit Card Number or Credit Card Verification Code).

It's ONE Payment Method Form but it produces TWO radio buttons on checkout. I would like that only the PAYPAL option shows up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joomla 1.5.25 | VirtueMart 1.1.9 | Shop URL www.panfloeten.ch

sharynr

• Beginner
Re: PayPal payment option shows duplicate 'credit card' option.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 03:30:45 am »
Hi, I was having this problem too and solved it by:

1. Go into the Payment Methods List
2. There will be several default "Credit Card" options (eg. Credit Card, Credit Card (eProcessingNetwork), Credit Card (PayMeNow) etc)
3. Click on the first one (even if it's not "active") and at the top there will be a checkbox for "Active?".  Uncheck it.
4. Repeat this for all of the others that have "Credit Card" in their name

They may default back to that checkbox being ticked later on but it seems to solve the problem so long as it's done once.

callumgilhooly

• Beginner
Re: PayPal payment option shows duplicate 'credit card' option.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 16:05:48 pm »
I've been looking for the answer to this and hoped you had found the problem but unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I've even removed all unused payment options but the extra credit card option is still there.

I have also just noticed that when the page is loading, it displays "PayPal Express" but then quickly changes to "Credit Card"

Anyone got a solution to this?

Thanks