News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Newbie question for 2.0

Started by htown, January 18, 2012, 23:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

htown

I have a site running Joomla 1.5.23  with VM 1.1.9. The site is live but not really functioning properly. I am getting errors when I use IE8 about mootools, credit card not available, although I am not able to reproduce it like my client is.

My question is can should I migrate to 2.0 instead of trying to get the current site up and running? Will this save me time in the long run? I have been reading about the lack of out of the box functionality but all i really need is the ability to take credit cards through authorize.net. From what I understand, this is not part of nor is there a plugin for this for version 2.0.

Please advise and correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks,
Houston

jenkinhill

Hopefully within a few days or so there will be an updated sub-release of VM2 and the authorize.net plugin will get approval from Authorize so it can be made available.

Joomla 1.5 is about 3 months from end of life so it is a good idea to start thinking about migrating to updated versions fairly soon.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum