News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[BUG] Child Products Can't be removed from Cart

Started by dmuntean, January 18, 2012, 21:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuntean

I have noticed that when I add a child product to the cart using the "Custom, Stockable Variants" plug-in two things occur.
1st, the Child Product can not be removed from the cart
2nd, an image does not show for the child product.

Regular products can be removed just fine.

You can try for yourself here

monfil

Hello,

The same for me. Unable to delete a child product.

dmuntean

Hi,

I am still experiencing this problem on the latest SVN version of Virtuemart.

[Joomla 1.7/ Virtuemart Rev. 5310]

osp

Is it intended to delete child products?
Can you please describe the screnario where you need to delete child products?

In case of sets or hooks it's needed to preserve the hook/set content (child products) / you have to preserve main product consistency...

dmuntean

ondrejspilka,

After browsing the front end of the store and adding a stocked child variant to my cart, the stocked variant can not be removed from the cart.
Attempting to remove the product from the cart produces the "Product successfully removed" message, however the product remains in my cart.

I invite you to my website to try for yourself: [Click Here]

osp

Sorry, I can't help you, seems to be a VM2 bug...

Milbo

I am sorry to say, but the stockable is still buggy. Our deep wound, yes. But we want first the other stuff, stable and bugfree. The we will take care of that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

florenz

Has this error been fixed? I can not remove a product with attributes from the cart? It says successfully removed but it still remains. The only way to remove it is to update the quantity to 0.

herek

Same problem here.

Online, I cannot remove the product with custom field. (www.sosid.com.br)

However, I have installed in my mac using xampp at localhost the same website it's online and I could remove the product with success.

The same installation (just backup with akeeba and run the installation) and all worked.

Maybe it's a permittion problem since in my localhost I have root access.

interjos

I have exactly the same problem, this can't be true that this is still a bug after all those months? Virtuemart 2 will be useless for me if this is true. Can anyone from the virtuemart team please respond?

Thank u.

ralfeez

I am also having the issue with the latest release, 2.0.14. Can anyone tell me if progress has been made on this bug? This is crucial and top priority. Without a fix, the shopping cart is useless.
Thank you,
Ralph

ralfeez

Okay I found my issue. This has to do with the SEF / SEO links being turned on. The link for deleting the items in the cart will not find the method to remove the item. Once it was turned off, all is well. I need to find out more about the link and how to deal with the SEO now.

Milbo

I think this is fixed in vm2.0.15 (could not reproduce it), please test the latest version http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110743.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member