News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Uploading Multi Product Images at one time...

Started by charles99, January 18, 2012, 16:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charles99

I have been playing around with a couple other shopping carts and I am kind surprised that there is not option in VM2.0 to upload more than one image!   i don't want to mention another shopping cart in Virtuemart Forum but I was able to upload 6 to 10 product images at one time.

So I would like to know when will this feature be added to VM2.0?  With so many people having multi product images, being able to upload a group of product images at one time will save VM2.0 users a hell of lot of time!

Thanks

Milbo

You can do it a lot easier then you may think

you can use the joomla image uploader and use synchronise media. But you can also just use your ftp client and use synchronice Media, so you can upload 100s of files in one row.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

charles99

Milbo,

I am talking about product images.   Trying to find a simple process of attaching 3 to 6 images to a product without having to upload one image at a time!

The workflow needs to be simple and fast, and the workaround you outline still request me to attach each image I want to add to my product one at a time!

I am trying to get this module to work with VM 2.0, because I know everyone is facing this problem.

Workflow:
Create a new product, after setting my price and other features with one click... click on the upload button which leads to my images folder on my computer, then select 5 to 10 product images at one time, that are all uploaded and attached to the product.  The whole process takes less than 30 seconds.  Right now I have more than 450 products and the thought of having to upload each product image again, got me looking for other options.  This is a feature that should have been built into VM2.0.   And i know someone will use the 3rd party option as a reason why it not, but even that add another cost to the Joomla platform. Which is crazy when you think about it?  For a CMS thats supposed to be free, I know I am tried of be forced to buy something that should be apart of a program.

This upload feature should be apart of the program guys.  Click one, that allows the end-user to upload 5 to 10 product images at one time. 

fedorbass

Seconded!  Very useful option is needed so much!
Are there any plugins yet?

Also where do i change the size of the mini-image?

Thank you.

lostmail

At last VM itself has currently no "multiple uplad images to product" with one "Save".....

There is a rather expensive plugin...
http://virtuemart-multiple-image-upload.cmsmart.net/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-multiple-image-upload-plugin

If someone is interested in it - I´d suggest to share the costs of a multi domain license....?
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

trumples

Just downloaded the Joomlamaster plugin and it works well, simple bulk uploading of images into VM. Happy!