News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrade VM 1 >> 2: Incorrect VM Menu-item type in Main Menu

Started by jantabak, January 18, 2012, 12:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jantabak

I did the upgrade-thing form Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7 and VM 1 to VM 2. It seems to work fine for almost everything, exept the VM-menu-items are not assigned to a VM-categories anymore.
In Menus >>> Main Menu ( default menu ) the collumn "Menu-itemtype" shows "Component 'com_virtuemart' does not exist".
When I assign it manualy to a VM-category the text in that collumn is "VirtueMart ยป VirtueMart Category Layout" for example.
So, it looks like the migration / upgrade did miss the VM-categories-menu-items.
Since this shop has about 420 categories it would be great to have an automated solution for it, or a how-to for MySql tables.
Does anybody know what to do from here?

Kind regards,
Jan

PRO

You could try and do it via csv and mysql. BUT, it will take some preparation.

jantabak

Thanks for your advice.
But that's a complex solution for me, I can't fix it in that way. During migration the important category-id of the VM-cat is placed in the prams-field of the table j17_menu.
In VM2 the links are build like index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=14
After migration my wrong VM links are build like index.php?option=com_virtuemart
The wrong-links contain also in the params field {"product_id":"","category_id":77,"flypage":"","page":"","page_title":"","show_page_title":1,"pageclass_sfx":"","menu_image":"","secure":0}

So, I try to write a PHP-solution to filter the "category_id":77," out and rebuild the links as index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=***

Or is there an easier solution?

PRO

This can be done with about an hour or so of work. ( I dont know if thats too much or not, but migrating does take some work for large shops)

I have taken a look at both databases, and it can be done.

adeel

I am having the same issue after migration , Plz If someone could help. ?