News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Products have disappeared, not showing - dumbfounded!

Started by kiwigal, January 18, 2012, 03:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwigal

Hi there,

I have a site that is running VM 2.  However can't seem to get the thing live due to the issues.  Had 1.9 operating great, and have had not ever encountered this problem with VM until now.

I'm stumped, I've tried everything including reuploading the original views/category/categories default.php.

My problem is that there are products in VM you can see in the administrator, but on the frontend, it comes up with a blank page.  There are 3 products in one category and it only shows one.

I can't see to make it change.  Also the stock level bar I am wanting to remove also.

Can anyone assist ?

Thank you in advance.

sylviarose

I am having the same problem.  My products don't show up no matter what I do. I have used Virtuemart for years and never had this happen?

PRO

are the assigned to all shopper groups? default and anonomous?

look in each product.

And::are you using multi-language

ZX81

Joomla 2.5.1/VM2.0.2

I upgraded on localhost yesterday and had a similar problem. I had 6 products in one category but the first one wouldn't show up at all even though you could see in the backend. I ended up cloning it and deleting the one that didn't show up. Then my new cloned product (with the same SKU as the original) appeared in the frontend.

Milbo

Hmm I would like to see that via skype or so,.. I mean the shop config and maybe the database to understand the problem.

Maybe it is simular to the unpublished images, that a fix in 2.0.2 is changing something we do not understand atm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PRO

I had products disappear in one the latest releases.

IT as because they were assigned to shopper groups.

I went into those products, and UN-assigned them to shopper groups and they appeared.

ZX81

Banquet Tables Pro, you are right! At least for me this was the problem. I checked my live site which is still on 2.0.0 and that product was assigned to shopper group 'Default'. all my other products just had 'Select Some Options'. Further more, if I select 'Default' in 2.0.2 then it disappears and I can make it reappear by unassigning the group.

What does this mean? Why isn't this a problem for my live site?

Can you point me somewhere that explains how shopper groups work - it would be good to know.

Thank you!

Milbo

The shoppergroups in the product edit define which shoppergroups are able to view it. Therefore to buy and so on. Leave it empty for the normal use.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tobisagt

I have a similar problem!

My products dont show up only in category view! Product Details works fine. I dont use shoppergroups. The field is empty. Any help?

I use VM2.0.2 and Joomla 2.5

bolonia

Make sure you entered product_in_stock value in product admin page under Status tab.

tobisagt

Quote from: bolonia on March 04, 2012, 13:59:22 PM
Make sure you entered product_in_stock value in product admin page under Status tab.

All my products already have stock level.

sveibern

I have the same problem, and I am really stuck. I have tried shopper groups and stock level, but it's not helping.

corymp

In VM Configuration, make sure you don't have products sorted by Creation date. That happened to me. It may or may not be the problem
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

tobisagt

Quote from: corymp on March 07, 2012, 00:00:53 AM
In VM Configuration, make sure you don't have products sorted by Creation date. That happened to me. It may or may not be the problem

That was the BUG!!!! Thank you very much...

Pls VM Team fix this in next release! Maybe there is a bugfix already for that? I dont want to miss this featreu... :(