News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Inventory control for custom field attributes

Started by mangotti, January 31, 2012, 03:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangotti

I am in dire need to utilize inventory control with custom fields. I have read this thread 7 times http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=88886.15 and still cannot come to a working conclusion. Some of the steps in this thread do not even exist anymore. Does anybody have a working model of how to configure a main product with various options such as color and size that have associated inventory numbers for each variation?

mangotti

I have tried this post several times and not only does it not make any sense, it's outrageously confusing!
QuoteQuote from: peetree21 on July 26, 2011, 06:05:47 AM
So just to confirm - VM2 cannot do inventory control for attributes?

For example i sell tshirts, the tshirts come in multiple sizes as well as multiple colours. So i want to keep track of the amount of stock I have of each shirt.

So i have 63 shirts in total:
8 x Green Medium Shirts
4 x Green Large Shirts
6 x Green XLarge Shirts
3 x Green XXLarge Shirts
8 x Red Medium Shirts
4 x Red Large Shirts
6 x Red XLarge Shirts
3 x Red XXLarge Shirts
8 x Blue Medium Shirts
4 x Blue Large Shirts
6 x Blue XLarge Shirts
3 x Blue XXLarge Shirts

How can i do that? If it is not possible, it is a feature that VM desperately needs. I know Redshop does it quite well, not sure about JoomShopping

Sure you can do that !

Eg. add a new product : Tshirt
Do 3 children (green,red,blue)
go in first children(red)
add 4 children(medium,Large,Xlarge,XXLarge)
go in "sub" children(green/medium)
add 8 children ....
go in "sub" children(green/Large)
add 4 children ....

To have relation :
add "new" custom fields in administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom
Title : color
Custom Field Type :Child product
and save it

Now go on the main product( first tab)
look for "Parent & Child Products"
you have the 3 "main" child
and a select list for each child product
select "color"
to see the "color" as title relation
-  input the color(eg. green red or blue)

now for "sub" children do same

add "new" custom fields in administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom
Title : Size
Custom Field Type : Child product
and save it
Now you have to go on go in first children(eg. red)
in "Parent & Child Products"
select "Size"
to see the "Size" as title relation
-  input the color in the field(eg. Medium, Large .... )

YOu have Stock option.price .... as all products, But you have only to add your changes(title or price ...) not to fillout all the porduct fields

But of course you have to put a Stock value for each child product or the stock are the same as the main product!!

To explain this in some words , you have only to do :
- add child relation> add children, in each children change stock and relation name

(and you can use translation for cusmtomfields, if you add it on the language file)

Patrick

Is this not possible in VM2? If it is, someone from the VM team please explain and define the rules to make this work. Many people here are requesting it and are becoming very frustrated.

mangotti

Nearly 2 days since the original post on this and still nobody from the VM team has responded but has responded to other threads. Is this option working or not? Some help would be greatly appreciated here.

jaruzelski