News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2.0 will not install correctly

Started by double0p, January 17, 2012, 22:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

double0p

I am trying to configure a test system and eventually go live with a VM 2.0 site.  When I perform the installation, the installer reads "Installation Successful".  There are no errors (in red) indicated.  However, navigating to the store control panel produces a mostly blank page with the VM Admin menu shown as a plain bulleted list - nothing else.

When I look at the source, it appears that the menu is the only thing that is being generated.  The HTML begins with a Div and then starts the menu.  There is no head, and none of the HTML that would normally display the Joomla backend administrator.

I tried looking at the documentation to see if my system meets the minimum requirements; however, the document looks to be the same one used for version 1.x and I don't know what 2.0 requires.  My system has the following:
- PHP Version: 5.1.6
- MySql Version: 5.0.77
- Safe_Mode: Off
- Zlib: Yes
- Curl: Enabled

I have tried installing multiple times to no avail.  Any advice would be appreciated.

jenkinhill

I assume you are using Joomla 1.7  - Recommended PHP version is   5.3 +  and required PHP version is 5.2.4 +
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

wow php5.1, I think that is just too old, sorry.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

double0p

I am using Joomla 1.5.  I haven't upgraded yet because of the PHP requirement.  I'm using centos5, which does not support anything above 5.1.  My host does not yet offer centos6 as an available option, but that is coming soon.  I'm really not looking forward to rebuilding my server when I install v6, but I know that is coming.

What are the requirements for VM 2.0?  I would recommend placing those requirements on the download page.  The only documentation available is written solely for VM 1.x which makes it difficult to sort through when trying to implement the latest version.