News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Adding url to each product description page to display product color choices

Started by stroker707, January 17, 2012, 17:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stroker707

I am new at Virtue Mart.  I want the customer to be able to click on a product, land on the product description page and be able to click a link to cause a pop up to display actual images of all available color choices.  How do I create a link to a pop up gallery to display available color choices.

PRO

there will be a color picker plugin sometime,

BUT, how many colors do you have?

stroker707

Thank you for responding. I have about 50 colors and I need a solution now not some future point in time.

PRO

are the same colors available for all products?

You can use modallizer to link to an article
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/popups-a-iframes/4277

OR, you can edit the product page facebox script declaration and add a 2nd url to an article

stroker707

Very cool indeed.  Can you type out the path statement I embed in the Virtuemart Product page to make a Joomla Article page pop up in 50 percent size over the top of the Virtuemart Product description page so I can display all available colors for each specific product.  One path statement and I can modify it for each next product.  Loading the pop up page in blank at 50% size so the Virtuemart page below still shows underneath.

PRO

what you do is create a joomla article with the colors.

THEN, in the product description, place the link to the right color article.

and add the modallizer plugin, and set the parameters. THEN, you have to add a specific tag that triggers the pop up.

Thats the easiest way.

stroker707

You have been very kind indeed.  Where can I read about that specific "tag" you mention above. 

PRO

Quote from: stroker707 on January 19, 2012, 21:38:27 PM
You have been very kind indeed.  Where can I read about that specific "tag" you mention above. 

Download modalizer plugin. U will understand