News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order email confirmation and user registration confirmation is not working

Started by rupesh1989, January 17, 2012, 12:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ffragrances

Quote from: Ffragrances on October 24, 2012, 05:30:14 AM
Some detail: As of today I have the very latest versions of Joomla 2.5 and VM2 installed on ultimate hosting on Godaddy.

Well, it seems I have the same issue here: I turned on the debug in the PayPal module, and I did a test purchase. Check the log from Paypal module and it returns this.   
2012-10-24 02:50:14

Admin received an E-mail from PayPal for the completed transaction and so did the User. This has been going on since I migrated from the older versions of both Joomla and VM. In the Orders> details backside in VM these orders all show "pending" even though they are in fact complete. If I manually change them to confirmed then the Vendor and the User gets confirmation emails. Admin does not. This is very weird. As I have read through this thread it seems that "ngenge" has tried this addition to the PHP and it worked for them. And the developers seem to be saying this as not the proper solution. Is it?, and if not what is possible the issue here. All other normal emails seem to be working fine on the site.

Well, I did test this addition of these 4 lines and it works perfectly.. Thanks.. :)

phobophil

Hello,

are these 4 lines

$modelOrder = VmModel::getModel ('orders');
$order = array();
$order['order_status'] = 'C';
$modelOrder->updateStatusForOneOrder ($virtuemart_order_id, $order, TRUE);

still the most proper solution for updating order status and getting confirmation emails? It works except for this error message
"Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"
How can I get rid of that? Is that problem related to the IPN-confimation-mail-problem?

Same issue and no solution here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96896.0

In addition to that, I can not create a paypal.log-file. In debug mode I got some warnings:
Warning: fopen(htdocs/logs/paypal.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 1020

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 1021

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 1022

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php on line 1023

Furthermore i do not have any IPN-informations in my order details like shown in the image posted by ngenge? Does somebody know why?

phobophil

(Do I have to open a new discussion because of those problems or are they related to each other?)

phobophil

Now I can read my paypal.log file by changing the path in URL of /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php in line 1017

$file = JPATH_ROOT . "/vmlogs/logs/" . $this->_name . ".log";

My provider does not allow to change the owner of (my) logs-folder.  I receive the same returning message like Ffragrances:

Quote2013-03-04 12:53:20

Relevant to the 4-line-Hack my test buyer is getting two confirmation mails which are exactly the same. I've no idea why?!

Grettings
phobophil

SwordFish

Hi all,
Here is a good solution for this issue. Check the following post:

No order confirmation email sent after checkout via PayPal

http://forum.interamind.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1302

Hope it can help.

Thanks,
J