Order email confirmation and user registration confirmation is not working

Started by rupesh1989, January 17, 2012, 12:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rupesh1989

Hi sir,
I'm using joomla1.7.3 with virtuemart 2.0. i have checked global configuration tab in joomla and registration is set to "self "but when user completes its registration ! User wont get Confirmation email  but administrator of site get users registration email but user didnt get any confirmation emails or order emails!

mattprudente

I'm having the same problem too. Looks like there are quite a few people across the forum that are asking the same question but receiving now answers!

Is there anyone out there with a solution? I've narrowed it down to the PayPal payment option that we don't receive order confirmation to either the Admin or the Customer!

jenkinhill

Mail problems seem to be server/installation specific, as on all my test sites all mails to vendor, admin & shopper work OK (all on J1.7.3).

Try VM2.0.1 as some changes may make it work for you.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mattprudente

Hi jenkinhill

I've tried the latest update and have installed on two different servers with all kinds of configs, but I can't seem to overcome this problem so far.

I will continue to look.

Thanks for the advice.

Matt

mattprudente

Hi there

I've checked all I can and there is nothing else I can change on my installation or server that will affect. When you change the order status in the admin it send out an email to the customer and the shop admin.

John2400

This might sound really weird but I was not receiving emails to customers in my trials because the products I was testing - was over subscribed. Eg I had 10 goods on my stock, number ordered 10 and the max purchase 1.

So when I changed the stock numbers (or the order confirmation like you did ) the computer sent my emails.

* it was a logic problem - I ordered as a customer and the vendor receives my email but he has no stock so I'm( the computer)am not going to send you an invoice for sometrhing I don't have.

Just chech the numbers on stock and the currency is the same as the default.

maybe.

John2400

Sorry it didn't work - I have updated to 2.0.1 as suggested by jenkinhill - It did fix some things for me. Expecially the vendor issues. maybe Ok for you too.

But Back up before you update - I'll keep looking or thinking.

juagicre

I wasn't lucky vm2.0.1 did not solve my email problem but also crashed my cart, I tryed before upgrading with the increase of stock but did not do the trick.
With vm1.1.9 i had no problems with sending mails, what means that probably this is not a server misconfiguration...
Some more ideas about the mail?

mattprudente

Ok, I have figured out why my order confirmation emails for Admin and Customer are not working.

I set up paypal sandbox accounts to test. I ran through the whole process including returning to my site. Only once I had followed the links through and returned to the site did the order emails come through. AND the Status updated in my orders list!

The problem is, I still need an order email sent with payment pending and once payment is confirmed as most people will not follow the paypal links back to the site for it to update.

Any ideas?

John2400

Dear Matt Prudente ,

I'm just wondering a point - Are you saying that the only emails you don't get are after you have received an invoice email??

So the customer gets a an order email and the vendor gets an email but when it goes to paypal - you are nor receiving those emails ?

Or are you saying that in testing they are not bouncing back and changing the stock levels?

* Just a thought - * Some servers don't like an email in the paypal setting that is not from your domain" eg @next.com is your domian and your paypal email login is @true.com .
When the customer orders and they complete the transaction in paypal - when the confirmation email bounces back to the server - because your paypal email is not from that domain - it sometimes will not chnage the stock or confirm inthe order.
* in a perfect setting I would ensure that VM email and paypal longin emails are at least from the same domain.
* this might be your issue.
* People do not have to return to your site fro the stck to change the 'bounce email from paypal" should move from pending to confirmed after the paypal order and then stocks should change.
Other orders - like free might need to be done manually.

pinjosi

I had the same problem here but i solved the virtuemart part.

go to you database and go to the table "jos_virtuemart_userinfos"

Click edit on your admin account and search there for your "id" i think your admin id will be on 42 or something.
Change this 42 to 1 and your virtuemart problem is solved.

Hope i helped you out (mail me if its solved)

Greets,

The Pin Man

Milbo

Quote from: pinjosi on February 02, 2012, 09:49:21 AM
Click edit on your admin account and search there for your "id" i think your admin id will be on 42 or something.
Change this 42 to 1 and your virtuemart problem is solved.

This is really a strange hack. I dont understand why it should work then. you just mismap the addressinfo of the admin (maybe also vendor) to 1 (which is never used).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

pinjosi

if thats right what you telling here milbo its really strange then yes.

But i did it on my test site (that worked) then i put it also on my live site and that also worked

Strange but true :)

brendonhatcher

I just looked at my product table, and the virtuemart_vendor_id number is set to 1.
It would make "sense" therefore to change the superadmin ID to 1 so that order transactional details are sent to the superadmin.

Is there a table to join virtuemart_vendor_id to user_id?

Thanks
Brendon