News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Detailpage blank after enable SEO

Started by groentjie, January 17, 2012, 11:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groentjie

Whe I enable SEO my productdetailpage is blank. The category page is working but the detailpage is blank. When I disable SEO it works fine. any ideas?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

he means, when you turn on JOOMLA seo, and NOT a 3rd party SEO component.

are you using the latest version of 2.0?

groentjie

Yes, if I enable SEO of Joomla  the productpage is blank, not the whole page, only the virtuemart container that holds the product is empty. Yes the latest version

PRO

PRO

are you using the latest 2.0 version?

The problem is the suffix is not at the end of the url.

Look in your SEO settings, what does the suffix say?

groentjie

ok it works. I dont want the suffix so i left it blank but than we will go with the suffix

PRO

just change it to something like

buy, sale, or something else

markito

Hi

why it is not possible to leave it empty?

perhaps its better the url looks like:
category/category/product.html

cheers

ariplatinum

Thanks Banquet... putting the suffix in solved a lot of the SEO problems I have had with VM2.

Not only were some links to products, contained within category pages, redirecting to blank product pages.... This problem would also cause some product page links to redirect to non related category pages, or just keep refreshing the category page itself (which the product belongs to).

Glad I stumbled across this post.
Joomla 2.5.4
Virtuemart 2.0.4
Firefox 11

oozye

thankyou for this post its fixed my problem too