News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

User registration form edit

Started by lipes, January 17, 2012, 02:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

Hi!
It will be the new standard on VM 2.0 to USERS fill in Shopper Information form they ID as Customer ? To Guest users? This is not dangerous?

On the "General User Information" tab we also got some Joomla "Parameters"!? Why?
I would like to disable this, they are very strange to me because in the VM 1.1.9 doesnt have this forms / option and i think that users dont need them to nothing..

the link to test in your config:   index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user

In the User painel i've got so many forms... when i enter with the admin...
I've also tried to create a new user (from beggining) but VM gives-me an red error / banner: "Please enter your name:" ...
i cant continue to add an user and test more things..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Milbo

Did you ever tried to enter your "customer id"?

True the accountmaintance is not what people expect, but it is quite easy to use layout overwrite to adjust it to your need. The reason is that we mix here the administrator view, with the customer one.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

Hi Milbo. Thanks for your patience and answer.
Yes it's so true, I did not expect the user registry will to be so complicated.
I've tried to put an ID, but appeared to fail in the name.
So... now is that the new users will choose they account number?
This will be a waste of time, no? Imagine that we have 50 customers. The next user will enter numbers at random (1,2,5,15) until they find the next number "51"? And if they write the number 232343248? Why this form is really need to new costumers? :|

Milbo

Because you look on it as admin,.. as user you cant edit it.

I posted in the other thread a solution, for what you actually want.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

Humm...
But i cant create a new user "demo".. 

I'm logged Out!  VM says to all users (no registred): "Please enter your name:"
Every time that i tryed to regist....   <dd class=​"error message fade">​<ul>​<li>​Please enter your name:​</li>​</ul>​</dd>​
with the link: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user

i will try to create something with the adress /index.php?option=com_user&view=register

But this situation wont be dangerous for someone access VM stores and hacking them by this type of "unuseful" address:  index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user  ?

Thanks again Milbo!

lipes

What i did: when i try to register my first demo user, called "teste" i've go to this bad and small/tiny joomla user registration like in the picture

Then i saw this screen "Shopper Information"

And the second screen "General User Information"

Question 1 - Its possible to remove that fields from users view?
Question 2 - Why we (all VM users) need to go first to OLD joomla user registration if we got the VM registration with more usefull fields to send the produtcs to costumers. They need to write the fields 2 times whit this process. If we got only 1 Form (VM default) with all input fields it will be better and less time to do it in the answers that we need from costumers.

THE DEFAULT GUEST VIEW

USER REGISTRATION ERROR in default link

I want the default form in Joomla 1.5 .... if its possible... but gives-me all the time the same error..

thanks !

ConstantA

So, no solution for "Please enter your name" error? I've stumbled upon it too. Using default layout, all input fields filled.

merdan2005

I have the same problem.

I don't want to use Shopper information on the front-end and in a registration/maintance form.

In de back-end I disabled all fields (configuration -> shopper fields -> shopper information field) I even delete it, but it doesn't work.
In the front-end I still see the shopper information section. I loggend out, delete my cookies, try with IE9, FF, Google Chrome on all browsers I still see the "stupid" shopper information section.

please, help me too disable it. I think this information is unnecessary information for users.
I don't have a huge shop and don't wanna show user ID's in the front end or in which shopper group an user is. And in the add. information tab users can change their password or vieuw their email or edit it. That's all. fields like registration date or user group, that's also the tings I want to disable it

Has anyone also experience with the same problem and can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Milbo

You have still this problem with vm2.0.2?

merdan2005

merdan2005

Quote from: merdan2005 on February 27, 2012, 10:52:37 AM
Hi Milbo,

Yes, I have..

Regards,
Add. information I have the last version of joomla 2.5.1 with VM 2.0.2

Milbo

PLease look here: http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/my-account this is the shop of the virtuemart team. The page you see there is standard vm2.0.2. Maybe you choosed the wrong layout?

merdan2005

Quote from: Milbo on February 27, 2012, 21:55:30 PM
PLease look here: http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/my-account this is the shop of the virtuemart team. The page you see there is standard vm2.0.2. Maybe you choosed the wrong layout?
Hmm... strange.

I will take a look at it..

Thank you..

lipes

Hi. For me it's working with J2.5 and VM 2.0.2 ... add the link index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user'
I've removed the default link in Joomla mod_login   index.php?option=com_users&view=registration
This old/default link gives to users few options in first time registration.. and i dont like this so i've changed in ..\modules\mod_login\tmpl\default.php file   

Milbo, one thing, the USER must agree with the "I agree to the Terms of Service" and check the box... but like we see here http://virtuemart.cloudaccess.net/my-account  (or in any other VM2 instalation) ... we dont get any link address to users read(again or not) the full text (in a popup like add to cart for example) of that "Terms of Service" ....
why not insert a link above the text I agree to the Terms of Service or at the right side of that check box ?

Right?!

mylakoj

I'm using J1.7 and VM 2.02. I'm trying to use VM account maintenance as new user registration but after filling in the form and clicking "register" the system info pops up with "log in first" message? What could be the reason? In my website it's essential that the users can register first since I have customer group pricing.