News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Advanced parameters search or product filters

Started by fanciful, January 18, 2012, 20:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanciful

Hello. I'm using VM 2.0 jn Joomla 1.7
Please, tell me if it is possible to realize any advanced paremeters search in VM 2.0 or an extended products filtering?
or these features are not available in VM 2.0 yet?
can not find any information conserning this issue, very pity because I've already done the whole shop using VM 2.0, but it is completely unusable without any advanced filtering or parameters search =(

I'll be very thankfull for any help.

fanciful

Thank you, Prolipes. Now I see that VM2 is not able to satisfy my demands =( Child products are not usable for my purposes. And I hardly can imagine how to use the custom fields to cope with that... I have just separate products that can be tied up only by made up characteristics, such as the diapason of sizes for exaple, diapason of price, and supported types of side items...  So I need filtering similar to that of ebay or amazon.
Can you please advice me to what version of VM should I downgrade to embody this, taking into account that I use joomla 1.7?

Or the only way is to use joomla 1.5 with oldest versions of VM and make filtering by means of side plugins?

Thank you

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fanciful

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 19, 2012, 17:46:36 PM
Filtering custom fields? See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92620.msg304632#msg304632

Also the latest VM2 build fileset can be downloaded from SVN using Tortoise or similar:  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Setting_up_a_Development_Environment

Oh, thank you so much for this link! I've sent a request to get the beta version of this. Sounds great, will test it at work )