News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vmError: Couldnt resolve mime

Started by Kathycr, January 17, 2012, 03:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathycr

Help please.
I have installed joomla 1.7.2 and Virtuemart 2.0.0 version.
I think a product and upload an image. In pictures of the product -> change the title of the image, when saving, I get the following error.

vmError: Couldnt resolve mime images/stories/virtuemart/product/3-17.jpg

How I can fix it?

PRO

Henrik Holm Nielsen

I have this error/message as well...

Image uploads correct, and there is no errormessage when product is saved first time after choosing image for upload. But on every subsequent save of the product, the message appears, even though the image is still there and seems to be handled correct by VM.

I use J1.7.3 and VM 2.0
/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

imclaudia

I too have this issue.
Nothing changed on server side.
image folders are set to 777.
I cannot edit titles or info on any image the 'Attach a New Image" link does not display all images. It contains some text and garbled info.
I tied deleting the product and starting from scratch, same issue.

My version s 1.9.8H

moonclimber

Hi everybody,

I get crazy too  :'( - I have worked several days to solve this problem. I hope one of the Administrators read this post !

The moonclimber

Henrik Holm Nielsen

It probably wont help saying this, but I actually got the problem disappear by moving the entire site to different server/host - without changing anything else, than server URL in the configuration... So there's definately a serverside of this issue, that could also be the reason!
/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

moonclimber

Hi Hendrik,

this sounds very strange .... but if this will help I will try it too on a subdomain.

the -moonclimber-

bhajohn

I have the same situation and it's very frustrating.  I have tried all the suggestions, even reinstalling on a new domain, yet still:

vmError: Couldnt resolve mime images/stories/virtuemart/...

For every image uploaded.  Resolving a mime should be a non-issue in my experience, yet, here it is.

I have all my images uploaded for each product, a very time consuming thing, but then, in the category and product display page, the default NO IMAGE image is there.  When I try to sync media, a long series of "vmError: Couldnt resolve mime images/stories/virtuemart/..." is displayed.

It's not permissions, it's not server related (two different servers for me and same result, even in Standalone JSAS).

I am hopeful that someone who has seen and solved this mystery can share their solution?
BhaJohn Dasa (john)
Astoria, Oregon, USA

teobgeno

I had the same issue and after some research i found at  administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/medias.php this call
$this->file_mimetype = mime_content_type(JPATH_ROOT.DS.$rel_path);

and some lines below the vmError('Couldnt resolve mime '.$rel_path);

php.net mention that
"This function has been deprecated as the PECL extension Fileinfo provides the same functionality (and more) in a much cleaner way. "
http://php.net/manual/en/function.mime-content-type.php

I replace the mime_content_type() function call  with a custom function i found on the url above and seems to work properly now.

berghoff

Thanks teobgeno for your clue
I've just added ! like not on function recognition because all algorithms are already described in medias.php line 186
"if(!function_exists('mime_content_type') ){"

ronrazib

so, what is the solution?
i found $this->file_mimetype = mime_content_type(JPATH_ROOT.DS.$rel_path);
what to do with it?

bornakke

In 2.0.10 somebody seems to have tried to fix the problem. However still not working here. What worked for me is:

1) Uncomment from line 185 to line 222 in medias.php (both lines inclusive)
2) Uncomment } in line 302.

Enjoy.