News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Blank Pages Loaded

Started by teensicle, January 16, 2012, 14:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teensicle

Here's the thing, i recently downloaded and installed VM2. This was not an upgrade from the 1.X versions, this is a fresh install. It worked fine i was able to add categories and products alike. Funny thing is this morning when i tried loading the website i got a blank page. I mean completely blank totally white. SEE BELOW:

at first i wasn't alarm as i though that it must be a module that is causing the issue. So i disabled all modules. I then went ahead and enabled them one by one. When i finally reached to the VM modules i realized that it went black again. I went ahead and disabled all VM modules and tried navigating to the menus where i had links to VM categories and then got a white page again. Now im wonder what is going on here!

I went ahead and backed up all my VM databases, removed the components and then did a clean install, that works fine. LOL im starting to think i have bad luck. Can anyone help a dude out as to what could be the problem.

AT THE MOMENT I HAD TO PUT THE SITE OFFLINE AND IF IT HELPS IM RUNNING JOOMLA 1.5.25 AND VM 2.0 "LATEST BUILD"

jenkinhill

Events like that are either caused by changes on the webserver or something or some edit that the site developer did. That's why we recommend regular site backups (at least hourly if actively developing) using Akeeba.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Cleanshooter

I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly....

But if you disable the VM modules and then click links to go them they shouldn't work. 

Quote from: teensicle on January 16, 2012, 14:05:03 PM
I went ahead and backed up all my VM databases, removed the components and then did a clean install, that works fine. LOL im starting to think i have bad luck. Can anyone help a dude out as to what could be the problem.

Also if after you re-installed VM it works then it must have been something that was changed during development that caused the issue.

If it works now what is the problem exactly?
- Cleanshooter

teensicle

Quote from: Cleanshooter on January 16, 2012, 22:36:09 PM
I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly....

But if you disable the VM modules and then click links to go them they shouldn't work. 

Quote from: teensicle on January 16, 2012, 14:05:03 PM

Also if after you re-installed VM it works then it must have been something that was changed during development that caused the issue.

If it works now what is the problem exactly?

The only time the module and components work is when i do a free install. If im using my original data then i get the blank page problem