News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2.0 What is going on here?

Started by mangotti, January 26, 2012, 20:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangotti

Is it just me or is the VM 2.0 board littered with so many issues and no resolutions to many MANY problems. Is it me or is this not ready for live production sites? It seems like some of the major functionality of VM 2.0 is non-functional. The Sticky says to stop posting questions but the true question is, Is there a document that specifies how to use VM 2.0?

Has anybody given up entirely on this? I would love to see who actually has this fully functional on a live site with front-end management working, USPS or UPS integration and basic PayPal with proper redirects. If you do, please share a link.

mangotti

Thanks for the links. I'm just getting started here on a new build and some of the issues I'm working through our front-end product management, some issues with custom fields on the front-end order page (just fixed), PayPal integration, USPS integration for calculating based on zip and weight (apparently, only one plugin is available but no response from the developer yet on buying it).

My issues are minimal thus far until I start digging in deeper but it looks like many others have much larger ones problems than myself.

PRO

I dont know about front end management as for when it will be finished.

and as far as plugins.

Go and look http://extensions.joomla.org/     and see how many 2.5 plugins, and 1.7 plugins are available for that matter.
You wont find many
POINT is, it takes time for people to develop add ons.

mangotti

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you here but I would disagree with you statement of
QuoteGo and look http://extensions.joomla.org/     and see how many 2.5 plugins, and 1.7 plugins are available for that matter.
You wont find many

There are many extensions in the Joomla extensions directory that are Joomla 1.7 and 2.5 compatible. I do understand that things take time to develop but you would've thought that a base set of functional plugins would be available on the heels of VM 2.0 release. That's all I'm saying.