News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Paypal Configuration not Saving

Started by victorb, January 15, 2012, 18:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

victorb

Try as I might, I cannot get any parameters in the configuration side of the paypal setup page to save.  The "Payment Method Information" is all good.  No Issues.  I click on apply then go into the configuration side.  Any data I change is reset back to default when I click apply or save. I can close the window and reopen the paypal option and the information side remains as it should.  Config just will not save..............therefore, paypal does not work.

Anyone?

Victor
VirtueMart 2.0 and Joomla 1.5

victorb

I was able to go into the .php file and re write the defaults to the parameters that I need to have for this to work.  a very awkward solution, but at least it works.....
Anyone have the proper solution?

Victor

victorb

Not just paypal.  All payment and shipping configs go back to default when I hit apply.

MikeUK

VM 2.0.6,  Joomla 2.5.1,   LAMP,    PHP 5.3.10  (as CGI)

This is interesting. I just encountered the same issue with a client's system, but only with one scenrio (that I have noticed):

Paypal payment method only when 'VM - Payment, paypal' is selected  (the config under 'Payment Method Information' tab saves, but under 'Configuration' tab it does not).

However, I can't replicate the issue on any other VM 2.0.6 installation.

I'm trying to find the cause. Files seem ok (plugins/vmpayment), file / folder permissions are ok. If anyone else has this issue, would be interested to see if it is incorrect setup, non-VM factors (PHP, server), or something VM may need to look at. I'll wait before submitting as a bug, as it seems unlikely that it is - there is only this one thread (with 1 user) about it.

EDIT:  it could be Joomla ver (a few updates old), or PHP 5.3.x....... just some thoughts. I'll add random musings and solution(s) as they come......

Get answers faster:
    [li]
Search forum. You might find answer[/li]
[li]Use existing threads. Keep Q + A consolidated[/li]
[li]Troubleshooting? See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=60033.0[/li]
[li]For admin user manual - http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/index.html[/li]
[li]For coding (developer manual) - http://virtuemart.net/documentation/Developer_Manual/index.html[/li][/list]

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

sukhrob

Shipping Configuration doesn't save changes for me. No errors though... the message states: Changes are saved, but all fields go back to default.

VM Shipper - works fine.
VM Shipping - not saving configuration.

freshwebservices

Any update on this?

I've got J! 2.5.6 + VM 2.0.6 - everything works fine on MAMP.
Just uploaded to server (Php 5.2.13, MySQL 5.0.4) & Payment configuration data won't save (shipping is fine). I've re-installed the AIO component but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddie
Leicester Joomla & Magento developer

freshwebservices

A quick update:
Problem still there eventho' I've done the following:
1) deleted original payment method & added a new one (still won't save the config data)
2) Manually added the config data to the database table - it still won't get picked up on the front end.

More than a little frustrating as this is the last piece of the jigsaw before going live!

Regards,

jenkinhill

Not sure is this is the reason, but your PHP version is too old, minimum is 5.2.4 but you really need 5.3+ - see http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

freshwebservices

Hi Kelvyn,
Thanks for your reply - but I'm not sure the php version is the issue, since my MAMP is the same version & it works fine locally & other (shipping) plugins play nicely.

I think I'm going to have to hard code the configuration options into the plugin as a short term workaround.

Cheers,

jenkinhill

Must be some other server configuration then. But I do tend to be suspicious when I see that a host has a 3 year old PHP version and end of support for pre-5.3 versions was notified in December 2010
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wbauer74

Using the latest stable version and no payment or shipping options are saving in the configuration tab. VM2.0.10 on Joomla 2.5.6 PHP 5.3.13. Here is the weird thing I noticed. I started with I believe version 2.0.4 and have been updating since. I have 2 options to choose from for using Paypal. the first option Vm Payment plugin Paypal and that saves in the configuration tab but the second one VM - Payment, Paypal doesn't save. Same goes for the shipping there are 2 to choose from. Did you change something which is not allowing the configuration to change? I even tried to install the full 2.0.10 overtop of my install and they still wont save.

JasonYohon

I am running 2.0.12b and having the same problem with Linkoint payment plugin as well as a "standard" payment method I use to test the site.

When I change parameters and click save, the page refreshes and the parameters are back to where they were. Dont know where to even begin to fix this. Guess I need to change parameters via phpmyadmin ? Seems like something is definitely broken here.

mcoo

I have the same problem. Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.12b, Php 5.4.4.
Some plugins info saved, some not.

mcoo

Done two things:
1. Named plugin class plgVmPaymentP...
2. When creating new payment method in VM, chosen 'Published' radio on first parameters page before first save
One of these worked.

funky-m

This worked for me after 4 days of searching for a solution.
(My system PHP 5.3, MySQL 5.0, Joomla 2.5.7, VM2.0.12f)

I had testing site where I had no problem. And finally I found the solution to my problem.

I wanted two payment methods in Virtuemart 2. One payment method for normal orders and another payment method for free orders or products.
Problm was that I could not save Standard Payment Method Configuration. Save only cleared all attributes.

Solution. Move Standard Payment Plugin to higher order than my other payment method. Go to Joomla 2.5 Plug-in Manager and click/select Ordering. Notice all the vmpayment plug-ins have order 0. What I did was change the Standard Payment Method's ordering to -1 and clicked the disk icon for save. Then all the vmpayment plug-ins got an ordering number. After this I was able to save Payment Method Configuration.