News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multiple currencies types for one item/purchase

Started by NicholasJohn16, January 15, 2012, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholasJohn16

I run a website for a very large MMO guild and part of that site, we use Virtuemart for several guild stores in which members can place orders for ingame items to be crafted for them.  It works great, but I've run into a slight problem.

Some of our games require several different kinds of items to be able to create one item.  I'm thinking about modding Virtuemart (not by editing the core files hopefully), to show the multiple required items as the price and tally that price, with respect to what type of currency it is.

For instance, an item may require 2 gold, 5 silver, and 7 copper to be able to build it ingame.  If someone wants two of these, I'd like to show in their checkout cart that it 'costs' 4 gold, 5 silver, and 14 copper.

Is this possible?  If so, could someone give me some suggestion on how to accomplish it?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Milbo

wurmonline or mine craft?

Btw, I was for 4 months in the team of notch and rolf (wurmonline). I would use it different. I would create a new currency, which I change in display. hmm interesting question

Edit: What a f u c k the forum is removing mine craft and replacing it with schoolboy spam, I am sorry. (gggrrr, and even f u c k, this is a forum for adults, come on(is this forum not administrated by myself??))
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

NicholasJohn16

Nope, not spam.  We're a large gaming community with guilds in Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rift and a few other smaller games.

I was thinking of doing it that way and maybe using full numbers to indicate the different values  (thousands for gold, hundreds for silver and tens for copper, for example)  and then changing it in the view, but I was wondering I might be able to do something more advanced.  Something that would work with all of our different games and any games we decided to be involved in the future.

Would the new calculator be able to handle this or would it need to be significantly extend to do this?  This is probably way out side what you designed it for. :)

Thanks for replying.  I'm sure you're very busy with VM2!

Milbo

you could easily add this currencies.... but you need to express it then as one currency,.. and change the display... I think 4 hours maybe.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member